Author Topic: Cost effective (quality) bimax surgeons in europe?  (Read 1287 times)

Glassjaw

Cost effective (quality) bimax surgeons in europe?
« on: January 20, 2023, 08:20:02 AM »
I know very well that when it comes to a surgery like this, the price shouldn't be looked at too much. But we are talking about 30-40k in euros (what some of the top names like Alfaro, Raffaini and some surgeons in the US apparently charge) vs. something like 15-20k euros from a less established surgeon.

I personally simply can't afford the former. I could, if i sold almost everything i have, but i plan to have a life after the surgery as well, so i wont. So i'm going to take a bit of a risk and go with a less known surgeon. Keep in mind, that all of the top surgeons had a time when they charged something like 15-20k too, in most cases not even too long ago. So I basically just need to find the next "big name".

If finding the right guy takes as long as a year or two, i can wait. It's not like i haven't already waited 5 years to get my orthodontics treatment out of the way.

Who would you recommend?

Tomasjohn

• Private
Re: Cost effective (quality) bimax surgeons in europe?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 06:42:21 AM »
If I had recommendations for bimax surgeons I would tell you them but unfortunately I just have a tip for you. This has worked for me for another procedure:

- Look for scientific papers or similar.
-- The more "specialized" the method is you are looking for, the better.
-- Also try a few queries in a different language (Italian, Spanish, French, .. )
--- There is a lot of content from surgeons but they don't bother at all to translate some if their content to english  ;)
- Some names will pop up more frequently. With the material you find you also have some sort of track record. For example you could find out that this surgeon performed this procedure minimum since 2001, or they will write " .. in the last 5 years we had over 70 cases that indicated <some procedure> ...".

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Cost effective (quality) bimax surgeons in europe?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 07:25:26 AM »
The names I know are Raifaini, Zarinbal, and Alfaro. I'm sure there are more. Being in the US, I have no experience with any of them, so I can't say much other than those are the names I know. There have been tons of threads like this one, so scroll through all the pages in the lead section to find others.
Millimeters are miles on the face.