Author Topic: Dr. Larry Wolford, Dallas, Texas  (Read 8384 times)

Jbird

Dr. Larry Wolford, Dallas, Texas
« on: August 10, 2017, 05:42:40 PM »
I wanted to write a review for my surgeon, Dr. Larry Wolford in Dallas, Texas.  I got jaw surgery for severe sleep apnea.  I'm 58, so I wasn't too worried about aesthetics, but of course, I didn't want to look bad.  I am so pleased with the results.  He has really lived up to his reputation as the best jaw surgeon in the world. 

My sleep apnea is gone.  I look a lot better too.  I'm so glad I had it done.  His prices are very reasonable too for the top notch surgeon that he is.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Dr. Larry Wolford, Dallas, Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 06:37:08 PM »
I wanted to write a review for my surgeon, Dr. Larry Wolford in Dallas, Texas.  I got jaw surgery for severe sleep apnea.  I'm 58, so I wasn't too worried about aesthetics, but of course, I didn't want to look bad.  I am so pleased with the results.  He has really lived up to his reputation as the best jaw surgeon in the world. 

My sleep apnea is gone.  I look a lot better too.  I'm so glad I had it done.  His prices are very reasonable too for the top notch surgeon that he is.

before and after pics please. did he replace your jaw joints with prosthetics?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 06:37:34 PM »
also I've heard he's a massive rip-off

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 07:17:07 AM »

Did he replace your jaw joints? 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

ahamis

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 07:34:09 AM »
I have read so many bad reviews about Dr. Wolford.

https://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/951256/Dr-Larry+M.-Wolford-DALLAS-TX.html

https://www.yelp.com/biz/larry-m-wolford-dmd-dallas

I am confused. On one hand, people on this forum say he is one of the best in the world. On the other hand, there are so many bad reviews on the internet about him. It seems he likes to do "TMJ joint replacement" in patients that don't need it, according to the reviews.

He is an expert in TMJ joint replacement and he developed a new technique. No question about that.
But what about the aesthetic procedures? gummy smile, recessive chin, long face syndrome, short face syndrome?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 01:13:36 PM »

https://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/951256/Dr-Larry+M.-Wolford-DALLAS-TX.html

I am confused. On one hand, people on this forum say he is one of the best in the world. On the other hand, there are so many bad reviews on the internet about him. It seems he likes to do "TMJ joint replacement" in patients that don't need it, according to the reviews.

He is an expert in TMJ joint replacement and he developed a new technique. No question about that.
But what about the aesthetic procedures? gummy smile, recessive chin, long face syndrome, short face syndrome?

The before and afters I saw in his office were amazing. Probably the best I've seen. Considering that he invented CCW rotation, he has no difficulty treating LFS.

ahamis

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 01:46:27 PM »
The before and afters I saw in his office were amazing. Probably the best I've seen. Considering that he invented CCW rotation, he has no difficulty treating LFS.

Do you plan to have surgery with him? Is his price as high as A&G?

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 12:00:29 AM »
Wolford has the best BSSO technique IMO, reducing paresthesia and eliminating the notch. He's really nice in person too.

There is a decent community of his failures online but he's also done a world of surgeries so that's to be expected. He takes on the riskiest patients that no one else will touch. And he pioneers procedures, which I'm sure don't always turn out perfectly. He's noted for being an aggressive surgeon, recommending more procedures than others. But then in my case, his reputation seems not to hold up. His quote was considerably less than Gunson and he was not aggressive with me. I guess he liked me?

Framboise

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:51:39 PM »
Like Lazlo, I saw really bas reviews about Dr Wolford.

Plus, his fee for a consultation are three times higher than elsewhere

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 10:14:00 AM »
Can anybody give some rough estimates on prices?

upperb1

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 03:33:41 AM »
I live close to Dallas and I am  considering overbite surgery. Been searching online of  best orthognatic and price. Dr. Wolford seems like a good surgeon,  but it’s pity he doesn’t accept insurance and he’s pretty pricey too! Can anyone suggest any other good jaw surgeon in Dallas area? Thanks

secondtimearound

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 08:22:02 PM »

Holy s**t that was the scariest RateMDs I've ever read. What the f**k is this guy doing replacing TMJ joints in 16 year olds who just need jaw surgery?

That is f**ked up beyond belief. What is the expected lifespan of these joint replacements? If it's less than 70 years (the patient's remaining lifespan) this is horrifying.

DubShark

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2022, 07:41:38 AM »
Dr Wolford is an amazing surgeon. I can't recommend that portion high enough.

The main issue is his office is completely mismanaged by his much younger wife.

He could get away with hiring a 20 year old secretary and it would solve these issues.

Also I think they will give you extremely optimistic timelines. I was told 6 months and it took 2 years.