Author Topic: Gunson  (Read 1524 times)

margerinemango

Gunson
« on: August 13, 2017, 02:57:21 AM »
I know this may seem absurd... but I really don't know what all the hype is... I'm a little wary of the HA paste and plates for life thing... Why are A&G considered a cut above?

ahamis

Re: Gunson
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:39:49 AM »
"I'm a little wary of the HA paste and plates for life thing..."

Jaw surgery usually requires plates to stabilize the bones that were cut. Once the bone hills the plates won't bother you at all. I think plates should be your last concern.

I can't say about the HA paste. It seems very few surgeons use that in the USA. However, it seems HA paste does not give excellent results for cheek augmentation. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

People in this forum talk a lot about A&G as if they were gold-standard for orthognathic surgery. And it might be the case, I don't know.
However, it is curious to observe that very few people in this forum had surgery with him to confirm their reputation.
I know many people consulted with him but didn't go to surgery.
Keep in mind that there is a huge difference between treatment plan and final results.

PloskoPlus

Re: Gunson
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 01:07:19 PM »
Actually of the big name surgeons discussed on this forum A&G (before Arnett retired) have had the most patients here. This was a few years ago and they simply moved on with their lives.