Author Topic: Cheek bone augmentation in men  (Read 4874 times)

ITALIA

Re: Cheek bone augmentation in men
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 04:48:33 PM »

Milli_Meters

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 04:52:21 PM »
Thank u for the answer.

Millis

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 02:34:23 PM »
The zygomatic sandwich osteotomy can give significant projection to men in almost all cases as I've seen in B/As. The direction of augmentation is primarily lateral, but also OBLIQUE.

I think the importance of zygos in male aesthetics is overstated simply because so many male models have bulbous zygoma, selected for this ''unique'' looking phenotype, therefore we assume that they are essential for male aesthetics.

I agree that extended infra-orbital implants would give the ''high-set'' cheekbones look.

I think what's most important to cheekbone prominence is not bone, but soft tissue. The hollow cheeks look. It took me a long time to realize that I don't really have bone deficiency in my cheekbones, but I'm simply not blessed with a taut, tight looking masculine face. I have ''squishy'' cheeks. I don't know what it is underneath - I'm 5'11'' and 130lb. I hope I can find the holy grail to a lean face, I've only tried vitamin C so far and it's been okay.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 03:44:01 PM »
The zygomatic sandwich osteotomy can give significant projection to men in almost all cases as I've seen in B/As. The direction of augmentation is primarily lateral, but also OBLIQUE.

I think the importance of zygos in male aesthetics is overstated simply because so many male models have bulbous zygoma, selected for this ''unique'' looking phenotype, therefore we assume that they are essential for male aesthetics.

I agree that extended infra-orbital implants would give the ''high-set'' cheekbones look.

I think what's most important to cheekbone prominence is not bone, but soft tissue. The hollow cheeks look. It took me a long time to realize that I don't really have bone deficiency in my cheekbones, but I'm simply not blessed with a taut, tight looking masculine face. I have ''squishy'' cheeks. I don't know what it is underneath - I'm 5'11'' and 130lb. I hope I can find the holy grail to a lean face, I've only tried vitamin C so far and it's been okay.

I have to disagree with one point you've made. That taut look happens when you have a very prominent zygomatic arch and strong orbital rim projection plus "hefty" ie dense malar prominence. AND then you have a very strong gonial angle and strong jaw angle/mandibular prominence. that is why you get that s-curve and the seeming hollowness in the cheeks. It's because the soft tissue is tented out in two different directions and drapes inwards at the cheeks. Obviously some of this is based on having low body fat but if you don't have that taut look its because you don't have the right facial architecture. i know this as fact because i've now seen several people (including myself) who have had buccal fat removal and it does NOTHING to achieve this look. the fat and soft tissue can be excised and it just makes you look old and droopy and produces a terrible indentation in your cheeks near the surface. that model look is all based on facial bone structure, specifically the relation between the strong malar prominence and the strong mandible and wide jaw angle. fact.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 06:44:20 AM »

Maybe a midface lift paired with a Zso? Should make the whole area tighter , in theory.