Author Topic: infected again  (Read 21715 times)

ppsk

Re: infected again
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2017, 05:01:01 AM »
OP,

Fly back to Rome to see marianetti. Don't waste your time with local surgeons.

I appreciate what you're saying plosko, but its not that simple for me anymore.

I dont see any reason why a local surgeon who has installed medpor jaw angle implants, would not also be able to remove them.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2017, 05:06:33 AM »

I dont see any reason why a local surgeon who has installed medpor jaw angle implants, would not also be able to remove them.
For the same reason surgeons here don't like to revise jaw surgeries after someone else - "go back to your surgeon".  I hope I'm proven wrong.  Don't work on the assumption that they will help you i.e. see them ASAP and have plan B ready to go if they refuse. 

CCW

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2017, 05:14:12 AM »
Ukmaxfac talked with me quite a bit about his case. He was not SJ.
Yeah, I saw his pictures. Not SJ.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2017, 08:28:11 AM »
Ukmaxfac talked with me quite a bit about his case. He was not SJ.

Correct, double checked the account, and he used to go by Tumerican, who was also banned in 2015 (taunted a member about their nose).
Why he wrote "TYD here", I have no idea. Either way, he associated with SJ, lost his composure, and went after members yet again yesterday, so he's gone.

He already tried to re-register an account.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

earl25

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2017, 10:10:15 AM »

A lot of them feel like since they  didnt place them they dont know exactly how it was done, if they mess up then liability goes to them etc

Lestat

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2017, 10:27:28 AM »
Earl, i would like to ask you a question about dr. C.H. (regarding HA) but cannot contact you... :'(

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2017, 11:06:16 AM »
A lot of them feel like since they  didnt place them they dont know exactly how it was done, if they mess up then liability goes to them etc

True and even more true if the local guy would not have placed them at same time as BSSO.
One exception could be if Marianetti has a connection with a local guy, you know, a colleague designated to attend to post op problems.

ppsk...does he have a designated doctor in your area to attend to post op issues?
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

earl25

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »
True and even more true if the local guy would not have placed them at same time as BSSO.
One exception could be if Marianetti has a connection with a local guy, you know, a colleague designated to attend to post op problems.

ppsk...does he have a designated doctor in your area to attend to post op issues?

Its best to back to the original doc. I agree with plosko.  U might want to see if a doc can inject antobiotics righg onto thr implant ares

earl25

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2017, 08:29:07 PM »

The worst scenario is if the original  doc wont do it

ppsk

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2017, 02:09:59 PM »

Not sure, haven't actually contacted Marianetti about the infection yet. Was waiting till I see what my GP wants to do, he was talking about getting in touch with a local maxillofacial last time I saw him in case the antibiotics didn't work.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »
Not sure, haven't actually contacted Marianetti about the infection yet. Was waiting till I see what my GP wants to do, he was talking about getting in touch with a local maxillofacial last time I saw him in case the antibiotics didn't work.

Well, you're still a patient of Marianetti. Having surgery and going home doesn't sever the doctor patient relationship. That is to say, if you have a post op problem from the surgery, you're entitled to seek advice and help directly from Dr. Marianetti and he's obliged to assist in some way.

Basically, you are acting as if you did something to sever the doctor patient relationship by not getting in touch with him directly for his help and advice where, of course, you did nothing to preclude him from helping you in some way.

ppsk

« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2017, 06:37:04 AM »
Well, you're still a patient of Marianetti. Having surgery and going home doesn't sever the doctor patient relationship. That is to say, if you have a post op problem from the surgery, you're entitled to seek advice and help directly from Dr. Marianetti and he's obliged to assist in some way.

Basically, you are acting as if you did something to sever the doctor patient relationship by not getting in touch with him directly for his help and advice where, of course, you did nothing to preclude him from helping you in some way.

well you're right, I don't know why I didn't just contact him straight away. I guess I was kind of being avoidant of the prospect of having to fly back to europe again for another surgery.

Anyway, I did contact him today and he told me to use a course of a much stronger combination of antibiotics (Dalacin and Ciproxin) for 10 days, and to contact him if it happens again after this. Hopefully my GP will submit to his greater, or at least more specific knowledge and just prescribe those for me when I request them.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2017, 07:36:02 AM »
well you're right, I don't know why I didn't just contact him straight away. I guess I was kind of being avoidant of the prospect of having to fly back to europe again for another surgery.

Anyway, I did contact him today and he told me to use a course of a much stronger combination of antibiotics (Dalacin and Ciproxin) for 10 days, and to contact him if it happens again after this. Hopefully my GP will submit to his greater, or at least more specific knowledge and just prescribe those for me when I request them.

Did you phone or e mail? Try to do e mail contact too so the GP can see what he told you to request.

Lestat

« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2017, 03:39:30 AM »
Patients don’t always notice an infection around the tooth root or in the area of the periodontium (due to tooth decay or parodontitis) immediately, meaning that pathogens have a good opportunity to spread into the tissue (soft tissue or bones) and later, throughout the entire body. After an accident, a tooth removal or for other reasons, pathogens can also penetrate into the surrounding tissue or into the body via the bloodstream.

Bowie

« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2017, 03:58:11 AM »
Patients don’t always notice an infection around the tooth root or in the area of the periodontium (due to tooth decay or parodontitis) immediately, meaning that pathogens have a good opportunity to spread into the tissue (soft tissue or bones) and later, throughout the entire body. After an accident, a tooth removal or for other reasons, pathogens can also penetrate into the surrounding tissue or into the body via the bloodstream.
Yep very true and scary, a lot of the time you've no idea whether you have an infection there until it turns into osteomyelitis