Author Topic: Jaw surgery-Yes or no ? Advice needed  (Read 1018 times)

startalk

Jaw surgery-Yes or no ? Advice needed
« on: August 28, 2017, 07:50:48 AM »
Hello guys,new member here.I need advice regarding possible jaw surgery.I was recently diagnosed with underbite.I never thought that I have underbite because my upper incisors were in front of my lower incisors.However maxofacial surgeon said that I have underbite (slight underbite) and suggested jaw surgery as possible solution.I am not sure why is my teeth relation that way at front but it may be because I have to put braces on.However my problem is not so much functional.My problem is that I have flat midface.I saw that some doctors do complete midface augmentation (Eppley I think,he does paranasal,malar,infraorbital and premaxillary augmentation-he actually said that at the end it looks like modified lefort 3) and I am thinking of doing that.

So I have couple of questions:

What is better solution for my midface(aesthetically speaking):Jaw surgery or some sort of augmentation(implants) for whole midface?

How long does jaw surgery last? (4-5 hours?)

And question regarding braces-If I have an underbite,will it become apparent after treatment with braces (Will my lower incisors be in front of my upper incisors?

I should also point out that money is really not a problem,so whatever advice you have bring it on.

Thanks in advance!

Sanj87

Re: Jaw surgery-Yes or no ? Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:08:12 AM »
Can you post a ceph?

startalk

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »
Can you post a ceph?

No unfortunately,I was there for different problem.

My biggest problem is s**tty cheekbone area but I would like to augment whole midface.

Sanj87

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 06:20:31 AM »
I have a weak and retruded cheekbones too with alot of scleral show it sucks i have an underbite