Author Topic: Lip injections for a retruded maxilla?  (Read 1029 times)

tjarrr

Lip injections for a retruded maxilla?
« on: August 31, 2017, 06:54:58 PM »
Hi,

I'm wondering about ways to camouflage a recessed maxilla. I don't have significant paranasal hollowing or nasolabial folds. Would lip injections on my upper lips create the appearance of a more forward maxilla?

I hope to also get paranasal implants eventually. They are claimed to mimic a LeFort I. My dentition and my palate are otherwise normal and I have no medical need for a LeFort I which would make a it very costly without insurance, so if its aesthetic utility over paranasal implants is marginal then I'd rather not go down that route.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Lip injections for a retruded maxilla?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 11:01:28 AM »
Hi,

I'm wondering about ways to camouflage a recessed maxilla. I don't have significant paranasal hollowing or nasolabial folds. Would lip injections on my upper lips create the appearance of a more forward maxilla?

I hope to also get paranasal implants eventually. They are claimed to mimic a LeFort I. My dentition and my palate are otherwise normal and I have no medical need for a LeFort I which would make a it very costly without insurance, so if its aesthetic utility over paranasal implants is marginal then I'd rather not go down that route.

Your past posts reveal you are knowledgeable enough NOT to be asking if filler to your LIPS would camo. a recessed maxilla. I think you know enough to know the filler would be to the area where paranasal implants would go.

I think Lazlo gave you some pretty good advice on past threads. Basically worry about your hair and not your maxilla.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.