Author Topic: Maxfac vs Implants  (Read 5794 times)

scramfranklin

Maxfac vs Implants
« on: September 01, 2017, 11:22:23 AM »
I posted here a while ago, but I'm digging a little deeper into what I should have done. Previously, I was mostly looking only at implants. And now I'm thinking of seeing a maxfac for any or a combination of these: Lefort 1 and CCW, BSSO, sliding geniplasty. As you can see in the pics, from the profile, my face is flat from cheeks to chin. Along with my weak lower third.

So my question is, would I benefit from seeing a maxfac for any or all of the above procedures, or should I stick to implants?

Imgur.com/a/j0lXO
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:43:43 PM by GJ »

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: AnayzeMyFace Appears to be a Scam
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 12:44:48 PM »
I posted here a while ago, but I'm digging a little deeper into what I should have done. Previously, I was mostly looking only at implants. And now I'm thinking of seeing a maxfac for any or a combination of these: Lefort 1 and CCW, BSSO, sliding geniplasty. As you can see in the pics, from the profile, my face is flat from cheeks to chin. Along with my weak lower third.

So my question is, would I benefit from seeing a maxfac for any or all of the above procedures, or should I stick to implants?

Imgur.com/a/j0lXO

You're well within the range where any max-fax jaw imbalance relationships could be masked/mimicked with implants. Jaw imbalance is minimal and looks within the norm and enough so that you don't look like dead ringer candidate for max fax. The max-fax procedures you list would not be enhancing your orbital rim/cheek area.

Also, your beard, the way you have angled it, reveals that you would like a better articulated jaw line. So nor would the max fax be increasing your intergonial distance or articulating the gonial angle as much as it seems you would like.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

scramfranklin

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 01:29:08 PM »
Thanks! So would you recommend chin/jaw implants... with the chin being wider, taller, more square, and ofcourse more forward growth? And orbital rim and cheek implants high and wide? Would that also fix my face from looking so flat in the profile?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 01:58:59 PM »
Thanks! So would you recommend chin/jaw implants... with the chin being wider, taller, more square, and ofcourse more forward growth? And orbital rim and cheek implants high and wide? Would that also fix my face from looking so flat in the profile?

Sounds about right. Although, for ORIS and cheek implants, i would limit to just 'high'. I think men do better with just a high 'accent' to the upper cheek area than they do with a pronounced 'ogee curve' which can arise from excess augmentation to the cheeks.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »

This is a confusing process because I'm hearing 5 different things from different people about what would help the most. I wish it was a simpler process.

So you disagree with this:
As you can see, you lack fullness/convexity and aesthetically pleasing curves in both the midsagittal and parasagittal planes, which is likely indicative of a maxillary hypoplasia.

Your labiomental fold is heavily reduced, there is a sunken-appearing midface, general flattness from cheek to chin area, poor relation of maxillary tooth to upper lip (recessed mouth area), insufficient teeth show when smiling, etc.

So regardless of your supposedly good dental relationship, your skeletal one appears to be unresolved/compensated, which is reflected by the suboptimal facial aesthetics.

If you are really into definitive solution, schedule an appointment with ortho/maxfac to properly check your underlying skeletal discrepancy. I believe the solution is pretty straightforward - the advancement of both the jaws with additional genioplasty. The additional fine tuning (arch expansion, rotation, vertical lengthening, etc.) might be indicated as well.

check this: http://i.imgur.com/pWlZEKA.jpg

Are you playing games here?

Why would you even ask if I 'disagreed' with information you enter later down the line.

Looks to me like your face was put into an auto-morph program where it's programmed to churn out a 'prettiest picture of all' type of deal and then imply max-fax will do all that for you.

scramfranklin

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 03:56:07 PM »
No not at all. Sorry if it seemed that way.

scramfranklin

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 03:57:22 PM »
And thank you for your help.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 04:08:26 PM »
And thank you for your help.

Ok. thanks. Have a look at the ear size change in the morph. Your ear is smaller in the auto-generated morph. So, what I'm saying is the morph is auto generated and not one of isolated max fax changes. I have no reason to believe that the entity with the auto program can tell you with all certainty that it's an example of what max fax will be doing for you.

scramfranklin

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 04:40:33 PM »
Ok. thanks. Have a look at the ear size change in the morph. Your ear is smaller in the auto-generated morph. So, what I'm saying is the morph is auto generated and not one of isolated max fax changes. I have no reason to believe that the entity with the auto program can tell you with all certainty that it's an example of what max fax will be doing for you.

Wow, I didn't even notice that before. And that makes sense.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 04:52:24 PM »
Was that morph done by "analyzemyface" or user stupidjaws/tdy? If so, that site and person are a scam.

See this thread where he is outed: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/lookism-net.10522/page-279

He tried to buy my forum to find suckers here, too.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 05:03:00 PM »
Wow, I didn't even notice that before. And that makes sense.

Yup.

"Be Observant" will be my new tag line.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 05:10:12 PM »
"Be Observant" will be my new tag line.

Much more reasonable tagline than "Be aesthetic."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:41:14 PM by GJ »

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 05:34:22 PM »
I'm not sure what the morph was from. And now I just found something else out! I had no idea anylizemyface wasn't legit. I was thinking about doing it. You just saved me 100 bucks. Thank you.

You're better off using that $100 for a consult with a real surgeon.

Based on my questioning, AMF will "recommend" the same 3 surgeons for everyone. There's a reason the name Marenetti is suddenly being thrown around. Someone also joined this forum pretending to be Dr. Z in order to have the bad reviews removed. I told them fine, so long as I remove the good reviews as well. They never responded. Bottom line: Beware of Italian/German surgeons or doctor who has done a procedure on SJ/TYD at this point because there's something going on.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 05:40:05 PM »
Much more reasonable tagline than "Be aesthetic."

Too funny.

scramfranklin

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 05:52:13 PM »
You're better off using that $100 for a consult with a real surgeon.

Based on my questioning, AMF will "recommend" the same 3 surgeons for everyone. There's a reason the name Marenetti is suddenly being thrown around. Someone also joined this forum pretending to be Dr. Z in order to have the bad reviews removed. I told them fine, so long as I remove the good reviews as well. They never responded. Bottom line: Beware of Italian/German surgeons or doctor who has done a procedure on SJ/TYD at this point because there's something going on.

Wow. Thank you so much.