Author Topic: Scleral show?  (Read 2125 times)

Sanj87

Scleral show?
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:47:39 AM »
Can anybody tell me why i have so much scleal show please. Is it possible to tell from an xray? I have attached my ceph. I have 3mm scleral show also from the xray what is the cause of this and how should i get it fixee. Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Scleral show?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 11:22:26 AM »
It's usually due, in part, to the orientation of the bony orbits; they eye sockets; the holes the eyeballs are in and the lower part of the bony circumference outside of the eyeball holes in the skull called the lower orbital rim. It's not an uncommon trait for some ethnic groups to have. So, personally, I would not assess it as a 'deformity'. The best way to show it is via a frontal photo and also a profile.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Lestat

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 11:35:30 AM »
how should i get it fixee.

Fat transfer under eyes.

Sanj87

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 01:44:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Also whats the reason for upper eyelid retraction? As i   have quite alot where i see other people hardly have any

needadvancement

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 02:08:38 PM »
It's usually due, in part, to the orientation of the bony orbits; they eye sockets; the holes the eyeballs are in and the lower part of the bony circumference outside of the eyeball holes in the skull called the lower orbital rim. It's not an uncommon trait for some ethnic groups to have. So, personally, I would not assess it as a 'deformity'. The best way to show it is via a frontal photo and also a profile.

Yeah I've seen scleral show on people with good bone structure and no sleral show on people with weak bone structure. Definitely more factors at play there.

Sanj87

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 07:43:13 AM »
Can anyone locate my a and b point on my ceph please just so i can do thr analysis myself?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »
Can anyone locate my a and b point on my ceph please just so i can do thr analysis myself?

Silly question because IF you could do the analysis yourself, you would not only be able to find the A and B points yourself but also know and be able to locate the OTHER points needed to do a simple one yourself.

Sanj87

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 09:02:36 AM »
I know how to draw lines from sna and snb the only thing i cant see clewrly is point a i think i know where point b is so any help?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 10:18:51 AM »
I know how to draw lines from sna and snb the only thing i cant see clewrly is point a i think i know where point b is so any help?

OK. I have approximated it with handheld protractor to get sna approx 85, snb approx 82 and anb approx 3.
I'll share with you the image of that. But since it is tedious to hold a hand held protractor to the screen and then to save in my files so I can post here, it's 'WORK' for me. So just to say, I don't want to find out later after I do this that the person then want's it deleted.

Sanj87

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 07:36:57 AM »
Hi thanks, my jaws arent recessed based on analysis but i still have a narrow airway? Also i have a class 3 profile my lower jaw is bigger and my bottom lip sticks out but analsysis says i have class 1?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 08:19:08 AM »
Hi thanks, my jaws arent recessed based on analysis but i still have a narrow airway? Also i have a class 3 profile my lower jaw is bigger and my bottom lip sticks out but analsysis says i have class 1?

A look at the S,N, A, B angles is not a full analysis. But it does not reveal class 3 profile AFAIK. Can't opine on your airway. Do you have an assessment from a maxfax where you were told your airway was narrow?

Sanj87

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 10:50:16 AM »
I thought you can udualy just tell from a ceph of thr airway is narrow and mine looks to be pretty much narro. I guess its possible my jaws are retruded even though sna and snb is normal