Author Topic: Chin wing + zygomatic osteotomy with DR Z. in October  (Read 39396 times)

tim06

• Private
Re: Chin wing + zygomatic osteotomy with DR Z. in October
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2018, 01:41:15 PM »
Well, the implants aren't going 'age' as in resorb. That's true. But the grafts can resorb over time as to age as does bone and cartilage. Even if they don't or have minimimal resorption, it's STILL a SIMILAR situation when the soft tissue loses mass. Have you never seen a person with very pronounced bone structure kind of look like a gargoyle or very skeletal with aging?

Your argument is implicitly predicated on the assumption that a pronounced bone structure via bone movements to do it (vs. implants) won't be revealing very 'skeletal' look with aging. It will and BOTH will eventually require soft tissue fill to plump out the skeletal look with aging.

Custom jaw implants have a lot more advantages over the chin wing procedure than most of you realize.
You think jaw implants can get infected? The user here who got the Chin Wing also had an infection from the bone graft and had to fight with it.

When it comes to looks there is nothing that comes close to implants, and believe me I have checked all available pictures of chin wings and also most of the implant pictures. I will just leave you this here, d is after the procedure.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2018, 02:04:51 PM »
Custom jaw implants have a lot more advantages over the chin wing procedure than most of you realize.
You think jaw implants can get infected? The user here who got the Chin Wing also had an infection from the bone graft and had to fight with it.

When it comes to looks there is nothing that comes close to implants, and believe me I have checked all available pictures of chin wings and also most of the implant pictures. I will just leave you this here, d is after the procedure.

Why is this post quoting me?  I don't see it as a direct response to what I said. Are you sure you didn't mean to quote LAZLO?

Which user got the infection from the chin wing, SJ the one promoting them or someone else who was influenced by him?
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

tim06

• Private
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2018, 02:28:59 PM »
This user: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=6797.msg57692#msg57692

I quoted you since you are the most active one to reply to most topics.
Still I see you agree to my point. The chin wing procedure is totally overhyped for some reason.

Here is a before and after picture of a patient who got a chin wing:

10 months post OP:

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2018, 02:48:01 PM »

Still I see you agree to my point. The chin wing procedure is totally overhyped for some reason.

The user : user: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=6797.msg57692#msg57692

didn't have a chin wing. He had BSSO with Jaw implants overlaid during SAME surgery by one of SJ's (chin wing promoter) mystery meat team of max fax surgeons.

The PHOTO of the woman is totally different person than the user you linked to.

tim06

• Private
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2018, 03:50:35 PM »
The user : user: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=6797.msg57692#msg57692

didn't have a chin wing. He had BSSO with Jaw implants overlaid during SAME surgery by one of SJ's (chin wing promoter) mystery meat team of max fax surgeons.

The PHOTO of the woman is totally different person than the user you linked to.

he even says he had a chinwing in the first post and an infection after it,

and I never said that the picture is from him.

It is just an actual picture of a patient who got chin wing and looks terrible.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2018, 04:23:46 PM »
he even says he had a chinwing in the first post and an infection after it,

and I never said that the picture is from him.

It is just an actual picture of a patient who got chin wing and looks terrible.

The poster who said he had a chinwing in the FIRST post of that thread is NOT the poster you linked to. The poster you linked to had BSSO with jaw implant over FRESH WOUND of bsso and got infection. Get on the ball.

The reason I noted the chin wing photo of the gal was not the same person was because I was not too sure you knew what was what and who was who.

triot

« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2018, 04:29:49 PM »

Here is a before and after picture of a patient who got a chin wing:

10 months post OP:

What's the backstory to that picture tho?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2018, 06:43:51 PM »
that's a f**king s**t result. looks so goddamn asymmetric. she was a bit wonky before, but after she's f**ked.

dock 10 points from chin wing.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2018, 06:57:54 PM »
that's a f**king s**t result. looks so goddamn asymmetric. she was a bit wonky before, but after she's f**ked.

dock 10 points from chin wing.

Oh, but she didn't get the 2ncd chin wing or 'jank'  it with BODY FILLER to make it look better as per the recommendations. lol

ditterbo

« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2018, 07:32:24 PM »

I legit don't know, but could the chin wing bone get infected at a later date? If not, then that's why they're superior to implants.

Kavan - Ok so we'll get bonier faces with age regardless of whether we got implants or boney augmentation when we were younger, true. But wouldn't boney augmentation age more naturally with the rest of the face, whereas an implant would create more disproportionately pronounced visual disharmony, the bonier our faces get? In theory then, you could get boney augmentation as an aesthetic compromise in exchange for not needing to redo that area in a few decades, should you choose to age naturally forever after that point and not bother anymore with aesthetic surgery. So then boney augmentation basically lets you say 'screw it' to keeping up your looks after whatever age of your choosing, whereas an implant will look more unsettling over time to the point where you're much more likely to have to do surgery on the area again when you're older, because it now looks unnatural.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2018, 07:50:52 PM »
I legit don't know, but could the chin wing bone get infected at a later date? If not, then that's why they're superior to implants.

Kavan - Ok so we'll get bonier faces with age regardless of whether we got implants or boney augmentation when we were younger, true. But wouldn't boney augmentation age more naturally with the rest of the face, whereas an implant would create more disproportionately pronounced visual disharmony, the bonier our faces get? In theory then, you could get boney augmentation as an aesthetic compromise in exchange for not needing to redo that area in a few decades, should you choose to age naturally forever after that point and not bother anymore with aesthetic surgery. So then boney augmentation basically lets you say 'screw it' to keeping up your looks after whatever age of your choosing, whereas an implant will look more unsettling over time to the point where you're much more likely to have to do surgery on the area again when you're older, because it now looks unnatural.

Well people with the very prominent bone structure, whether it's from implants or bone cuts or just natural, are the ones that get the really bony looking faces with aging. The type of implant that can really look unsettling over time is a nose implant because the skin is really thin there and gets thinner. Chin and jaw and cheek still have some muscle mass to hide the outlines of them. But still prominent bone structures are going to be MORE prominent as BONY with aging no matter how they get there.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2018, 12:51:10 AM »
Oh, but she didn't get the 2ncd chin wing or 'jank'  it with BODY FILLER to make it look better as per the recommendations. lol

No body here help me with plans to jank my face! You all just homo and make me more homo! You like that I be homo!
 Why am I so homo!!!???

Bowie

« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2018, 03:42:49 AM »
I thought Dr Z was against implants but he is now using onlays to do what the ZSO can not?
I would be interested in iliac crest grafts if the resorption rate isn't too bad or at least similar to cartilage, but yeah I would imagine that it's hard to carve a precise shape from bone.

I like the idea of using your own bone for cheek implants.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2018, 07:19:59 PM »
I thought Dr Z was against implants but he is now using onlays to do what the ZSO can not?
I would be interested in iliac crest grafts if the resorption rate isn't too bad or at least similar to cartilage, but yeah I would imagine that it's hard to carve a precise shape from bone.

I like the idea of using your own bone for cheek implants.

What do you mean Dr. Z is using onlays???? Onlays made of what?

GrendelGegongan

« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2018, 05:58:57 AM »
Thank you Kavan
and thanks for your apology Lestat, came off as a bit accusatory but I agree that one should always be critical if something doesn't sound right

I have a question about something minor that's bugging me. When I press my cheekbones ever so lightly I can hear this tiny crackling sound. It's not painful or anything but it's obviously not a sound you want to hear when touching your newly operated upon bone.

Anyone got a clue what might be causing it?