Author Topic: Chin wing + zygomatic osteotomy with DR Z. in October  (Read 39354 times)

Milli_Meters

Re: Chin wing + zygomatic osteotomy with DR Z. in October
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2017, 10:59:14 AM »
A LOT of big name surgeons do atleast visit the forum from time to time. And if Dr Z said he did the mentioned procedures on SJ he certainly did not reveal anything that SJ had not voluntarily divulged previously.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2017, 11:24:16 AM »
Not sure if the HIPAA policy in USA is also abroad. But he probably has permission from SJ to confirm he did his surgeries although there never has been any question Z did his ZOs and chinwings.

However, I think any reprimands Z has should be directed to SJ re his deceptive marketing tactics.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2017, 11:27:17 AM »
I'm not sure about privacy laws overseas, nor I'm sure this qualifies as talking about someone's case:

I have not any connection to so called Mr. stupidjaws,
except that I have done several surgeries to him.

I think he's simply saying he has no connection to AMF or kickbacks, etc, as was being implied. He doesn't discuss the case.
As of now I don't think Z has anything to do with this and take him at face value. There's no evidence or reason not to.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Bowie

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2017, 11:31:18 AM »
I'm not sure about privacy laws overseas, nor I'm sure this qualifies as talking about someone's case:

I think he's simply saying he has no connection to AMF or kickbacks, etc, as was being implied. He doesn't discuss the case.
As of now I don't think Z has anything to do with this and take him at face value. There's no evidence or reason not to.
Well yeah that's fair enough, he just wants to distance himself.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2017, 11:33:14 AM »
I do not think it is fair to make accusations against surgeons based on conjecture. SJ has not got much to lose. Surgeons do.

FWIW , I know people who know SJ relatively well and it does not seem like his economic condition , at least superficially is indicative of any "commissions" type cash stream pouring in.

Anyway I will stop posting on this thread now because I feel its all taking a turn thats way too much of a speculative slippery slope. I hope I have not stated anything inappropriate.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2017, 11:40:20 AM »
This is part of the problem with SJ and his many alts in other venues where Z is one of his star doctors and then patients go there. If one gets on a board saying they are unhappy, then enter Z to challenge the mod for housing the entry.

Z might not have this problem if patients found him with no involvement with SJ.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2017, 11:49:38 AM »
Patients have just as much to lose if not more undergoing surgery and paying a lot out-of-pocket. Having pain over a year after surgery may not be a good situation to be in.
Inappropriate to whom?? Dr. Z?

Inappropriate in general.  I guess I meant  talking about SJ's economic situation at the moment.

I am a fan of Dr Z's work and would love to avail of his services  but it is not based  on SJ's (now dubious) word as is being implied. I know 2 people in real life , not forum posters ,  who had work done by him  who got great very natural results and had only good things to say about Dr Z. Ofcourse , not everyone gets the same results but I trust these people and I saw their results in person. Not just pics.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2017, 11:52:12 AM »
I do not think it is fair to make accusations against surgeons based on conjecture. SJ has not got much to lose. Surgeons do.

FWIW , I know people who know SJ relatively well and it does not seem like his economic condition , at least superficially is indicative of any "commissions" type cash stream pouring in.

Anyway I will stop posting on this thread now because I feel its all taking a turn thats way too much of a speculative slippery slope. I hope I have not stated anything inappropriate.

Straw man argument as to 'commissions' SJ might get from doctors. I did not see that accusation but maybe i missed it. The problem is that SJ's shady biz practices to promote while hiding disclosure of owning the biz and his failure to disclose who the 'mystery meat' doctors are performing the service his outfit owns has resulted in uncertainty as to whether or not those doctors are also associated with how SJ is conducting.

It's a legit uncertainty for people to have in light of SJ's other deceptive dealings. That's why I think those doctors (including Z) should be complaining to SJ.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2017, 11:54:17 AM »
Well that is different than saying what surgeries SJ did or did not undergo with him. He's just clearing the air and trying to make people understand he has no business relationship with SJ, which is reasonable of course given the concerns that came up with AMF and SJ's behavior.
So that makes my worries about discussing SJ private info irrelevant (but I had understood from your post Z said he only performed specific surgeries on SJ and no other surgery, and now it appears he didn't discuss that at all).

Yeah, maybe I didn't paraphrase it correctly or wasn't clear, but what I was trying to say was that he basically said he had nothing to do with SJ other than doing the surgeries that SJ mentioned. I personally believe him.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »
That's why I think those doctors (including Z) should be complaining to SJ.

IMO they should be complaining to SJ.
I was going about my own business...

Bowie

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2017, 12:00:17 PM »
Well he's right to want to emphasize that, given the situation with AMF. Kavan does make a good point that he may better contact SJ too though.

Would it be possible to ask Dr. Z if he asked you priorly to remove a negative review (with the Spanish  IP). Since if it was not Dr. Z that messaged you back then: I guess Dr. Z would merit to know too if someone is using his persona to contact mods. That is illegal and could really ruin his rep after all.
Yeah because that's something you'd confess to. ;D If it's true that he did it on that German board then who knows.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2017, 12:07:22 PM »
Yes, if anyone did contact the mods in these past years pretending to be Dr. Z that is a crapshoot situation for Dr. Z to be in.

But do we know if that happened? Since on Progenica it was Dr. Z himself challenging posts of displeased patients.

Personally, I don't think it matters if it was someone pretending to be Z or Z himself IF it was  a thing where Z would have requested similar. Since it was Z on the other board doing same/similar, it does look like something Z would/could have lodged.

But then again, if Z is accepting patients that find their way there via SJ's activities on boards, he's also gotta accept that some of them might not be as 'happy' as SJ is. He can probably count on SJ removing stuff from the italian board he has control over (under different alt) and make a case to the German board. But if he keeps reprimanding board admins to nix the bad and keep the good, a board owner could just counter and throw the baby out with the bath water to tell him no more discussion about him at all.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2017, 12:09:07 PM »
Would it be possible to ask Dr. Z if he asked you priorly to remove a negative review (with the Spanish  IP). Since if it was not Dr. Z that messaged you back then: I guess Dr. Z would merit to know too if someone is using his persona to contact mods. That is illegal and could really ruin his rep after all.

Dr. Z asked why I banned that account, with the Spanish IP, and I told him because the IP location was Spain, which didn't match the location of his practice, at which point he responded that he must have logged in while on vacation in Spain.

Since he wrote from a verifiable email address this time, I don't have any reason to question that.

Agree that asking to have certain reviews removed and not others is tacky.

Bowie

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2017, 12:11:42 PM »
Dr. Z asked why I banned that account, with the Spanish IP, and I told him because the IP location was Spain, which didn't match the location of his practice, at which point he responded that he must have logged in while on vacation in Spain.

Since he wrote from a verifiable email address this time, I don't have any reason to question that.

Agree that asking to have certain reviews removed and not others is tacky.
Wow so it was Z after all? No doubt I will get banned for asking this but why did you ban Lestat?

Bowie

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2017, 12:17:08 PM »
I was just wondering where Lestat was since I hadn't seen him for a while?
He emailed me and mentioned that GJ banned him for seemingly no reason