Author Topic: Chin wing + zygomatic osteotomy with DR Z. in October  (Read 39060 times)

maverik46

Chin wing + zygomatic osteotomy with DR Z. in October
« on: September 03, 2017, 10:50:04 PM »
Hi guys !!!

Dr. Z. has just emailed me with a possible date for the surgery in October 2017.
Now I'm starting to be a bit scared, also because I've just met a girl that I really like, and disappearing for more than 1 month is not good to build a relationship
I have a lot of questions and suggestions to ask to who already had this kind of surgery:
- Does the hip graft harvest affect having sex or doing sports like Crossfit (where there are lot of squats)? After how long you can have sex without pain and discomfort?
- After how long your face swelling and numbness will reduce noticeable to let you have a decent social life?
- Any suggestion about where to stay close to the DR. Z hospital in Berlin for the 2 weeks?
- Any suggestion about vitamin brand and integrators to use during recovery?
- It's difficult or discomfort to take the return flight after 2 weeks? All the people will staring at you like a freak ?
- Can someone sleep with you in the hospital room while you will stay there?
- Is it a big issue to have ZO and chin wing together?
- Do you think that ZO worth it with risk / benefits or is it better to avoid it?
- Do they put catheter for urine during surgery?
- How was your recovery in general?

Thank you very much in advance guys !!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:08:45 PM by maverik46 »

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Chin wing + zygomatic osteotomy with DR Z. in October
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 12:31:30 PM »
Hi guys !!!

Dr. Z. has just emailed me with a possible date for the surgery in October 2017.
Now I'm starting to be a bit scared, also because I've just met a girl that I really like, and disappearing for more than 1 month is not good to build a relationship
I have a lot of questions and suggestions to ask to who already had this kind of surgery:
- Does the hip graft harvest affect having sex or doing sports like Crossfit (where there are lot of squats)? After how long you can have sex without pain and discomfort?
- After how long your face swelling and numbness will reduce noticeable to let you have a decent social life?
- Any suggestion about where to stay close to the DR. Z hospital in Berlin for the 2 weeks?
- Any suggestion about vitamin brand and integrators to use during recovery?
- It's difficult or discomfort to take the return flight after 2 weeks? All the people will staring at you like a freak ?
- Can someone sleep with you in the hospital room while you will stay there?
- Is it a big issue to have ZO and chin wing together?
- Do you think that ZO worth it with risk / benefits or is it better to avoid it?
- Do they put catheter for urine during surgery?
- How was your recovery in general?

Thank you very much in advance guys !!!

Good luck! I'm sure your results will be amazing. The only advice I have is just ice the area that hurts, sometimes the chin can hurt after a genioplasty or chin wing. Simple ice will help a lot and it will be totally gone within two weeks, even though it might feel like its there forever.

It's not a huge issue having the two together. Your recovery will be fine and much easier than you think. They will not put a catheter in you so don't worry about that. You'll be fully recovered within 3 weeks to a month.

lamb

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
where are you travelling from?

do you have anyone coming with you?

Best wishes!

Freeways

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 11:56:15 PM »
The effects of the hip graft harvest vary greatly from person to person. Some can walk without feeling anything after a few days, while some experience pain. For me any movement was very painful the first days, and I couldn't walk without pain until the second week. Getting out of bed was particularly difficult and painful because you rely so much on your hip, at least I do, apparently. I don't think I would've been able to run or exercise until the 7th or 8th week, because I remember I still had some discomfort getting out of bed by the 5th week. It really depends on the person though, in terms of response to painkillers and also how you use the hip/iliac crest in daily tasks. Dr Z told me that most patients don't have problems like I did. One guy who had surgery the same day as me was walking without any problems the next day, so you may be more fortunate than me. I have no issues today, but this experience truly made me realize the importance of good health. That being said, I would do it again due to the aesthetic improvement and the importance of looks in society.

I wouldn't worry about the swelling too much, most of it will be gone in a few weeks, but it will take longer to see the final result. I doubt anyone will suspect that you had surgery. Good luck!

maverik46

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 12:16:46 AM »
where are you travelling from?

do you have anyone coming with you?

Best wishes!

I'm traveling from Italy, and my mother will come with me. The problem is that she don't speak any English or German  ... :(
I was thinking to rent a room in a hotel close to the clinic for the 2 weeks so she can stay there, and when I will feel to leave the Hospital I'll go to the hotel too
I really hope that they will not use the catheter, otherwise I will ask for the "condom catheter"
I'm still not sure if I'll do also the Zygomatic Osteotomy because I'm not sure It will worth on me
Do you guys think that in 5 months I will be able to Snowboard again for example?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 12:55:51 AM »
Bone reminelazitaion takes 3 - 4 months.  I guess you could snow board after 6 months. Impact injuries are what you really want to avoid till the bone is "fixed" there.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 12:58:15 AM »
PS - Did u see Zso B n as?  Did they not help you decide if it was worth it or not? Dr Z may elect to only do CW if he feels you are bleeding too much or having some other issues.

maverik46

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 02:02:33 AM »
PS - Did u see Zso B n as?  Did they not help you decide if it was worth it or not? Dr Z may elect to only do CW if he feels you are bleeding too much or having some other issues.

Yes I saw Zso Before and After during the first visit at Dr Z. studio , but I don't remember well because I was more focuse on the jaw and chin ..... but Dr. Z. proposed me the combo
I read on this forum that Zso could lead to get worse hollow eyes. Is this true?

MyTimeIsNow

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 07:23:21 AM »
Are you getting chin wing for chin advancement or what?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 07:28:54 AM »
Yes I saw Zso Before and After during the first visit at Dr Z. studio , but I don't remember well because I was more focuse on the jaw and chin ..... but Dr. Z. proposed me the combo
I read on this forum that Zso could lead to get worse hollow eyes. Is this true?

I will PM you soon.

maverik46

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 09:16:45 AM »
Are you getting chin wing for chin advancement or what?

First of all because my face is a bit long and narrow, so i want reduce the length and increase the width. So I will ask to reduce a little the vertical eight of the chin and to advance it a little (I already had a sliding genioplasty but the change was minimum, no one has noticed it)
I'm not looking for an exaggerated square jaw like Brad Pitt .... I don't think would be ok on me
Also for me It's very important to reduce the asymmetry that I have on the chin and reduce the width of the chin probably, and It's very important the labiomental fold, I would like to reduce it and make it more rounded and smooth

MyTimeIsNow

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 11:43:18 AM »
First of all because my face is a bit long and narrow, so i want reduce the length and increase the width. So I will ask to reduce a little the vertical eight of the chin and to advance it a little (I already had a sliding genioplasty but the change was minimum, no one has noticed it)
I'm not looking for an exaggerated square jaw like Brad Pitt .... I don't think would be ok on me
Also for me It's very important to reduce the asymmetry that I have on the chin and reduce the width of the chin probably, and It's very important the labiomental fold, I would like to reduce it and make it more rounded and smooth

Let us know how the surgery goes and if you are satisfied with results.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »
Hopefully you keep us updated on how it goes. Best of luck, I hope the recovery is speedy!

lamb

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 03:35:24 PM »
wow do you need to stay a full 2 weeks?

i would ask dr Z about the eye issue.  I'd like to know as well.  I know this poster is controversial at the moment, but SJ really did have a good result with the zso.

lamb

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 08:20:00 PM »
may not have been perfect and i have no idea what he did in terms of filler to eyes if he did that, but compared to his before pics its a good improvement.  that's my opinion.