Author Topic: Chin wing + zygomatic osteotomy with DR Z. in October  (Read 39077 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Chin wing + zygomatic osteotomy with DR Z. in October
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2017, 01:31:47 PM »
Probably ... if I'll not change my mind the last minute and I'll not undergo the surgery because too scared :)

Dude the hipgraft and operation are the smoothest things in the world. You may not 100 percent have the results you wanted but that's the worst thing that can happen. Fear isn't an issue with this operation.

maverik46

« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2017, 01:16:31 AM »
Dude the hipgraft and operation are the smoothest things in the world. You may not 100 percent have the results you wanted but that's the worst thing that can happen. Fear isn't an issue with this operation.

I'm not looking for big movements with chin wing.
For me it's more important the symmetry because I have a small asymmetry between my jaw angle, and I would like to compensate it

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2017, 12:02:30 PM »
It's like Lazlo says.

The risk of your fears about the harvest part are very low. So, just make sure it would not be the 'worst' thing for you if you didn't get 100% correction of it.

Even if there were no hip harvest involved, it's still an invasive procedure for a small asymmetry.

I also think it's inconciderate to the doctor to give yourself the option to crap out at the last minute. You should deal with your fear factor of whether you want it or not on your own time.

Seriously dude, the best time to entertain what ever fears you have about a surgery is before you book one. Step 1: Ask around for patient experiences. Step 2: Bring them up to the doctor during a consult. Step 3: Book ONLY IF you've put things in perspective and have made the DECISION that the potential risks are worth the potential pay-offs.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

maverik46

« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2017, 02:27:44 AM »
It's like Lazlo says.

The risk of your fears about the harvest part are very low. So, just make sure it would not be the 'worst' thing for you if you didn't get 100% correction of it.

Even if there were no hip harvest involved, it's still an invasive procedure for a small asymmetry.

I also think it's inconciderate to the doctor to give yourself the option to crap out at the last minute. You should deal with your fear factor of whether you want it or not on your own time.

Seriously dude, the best time to entertain what ever fears you have about a surgery is before you book one. Step 1: Ask around for patient experiences. Step 2: Bring them up to the doctor during a consult. Step 3: Book ONLY IF you've put things in perspective and have made the DECISION that the potential risks are worth the potential pay-offs.

I thought a lot about the surgery. And I did a lot of simulations. I think that I really would be much better with a wider jaw angle. The problem of the asymmetry is that I think that one side have to be increased less than the other because is already larger than the other ....

lamb

« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2017, 11:59:40 AM »
is the hip graft for the chin wing or ZO?  is he using any material for the ZO?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2017, 01:24:21 PM »
I thought a lot about the surgery. And I did a lot of simulations. I think that I really would be much better with a wider jaw angle. The problem of the asymmetry is that I think that one side have to be increased less than the other because is already larger than the other ....

Think about surgeries IN TERMS of resolving to a DEFINITE decision 'for' or 'against' having them and not in terms of booking them to prolong INDECISION with option to crap out at last minute.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:50:41 PM by kavan »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »
oh god can this thread stop being updated with all this drivel. just get a surgery and then come back and tell us how it went.

maverik46

« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2017, 09:02:13 AM »
Hi guys, I'm now 11 days after surgery. I had chin wing, but not ZO.
Everything went well. I like the result so far, It really improved me from the front view. The swelling was massive till the 7 - 8 day, than it started to go down and now most of it is gone. I still have some discomfort on my leg ( a bit of numbness and pain on the side of my leg), but I can walk since the second day. My biggest problem was a side injury on my throat caused by the intubation, that caused me more pain than the hip-graft and the chin-wing itself.
I would like to ask to anyone had this surgery before, after how long they got back sensibility on the chin and lower lip area? After how long they finished the liquid diet and started to eat back normally?

tim06

• Private
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2017, 01:56:35 PM »
Hi guys, I'm now 11 days after surgery. I had chin wing, but not ZO.
Everything went well. I like the result so far, It really improved me from the front view. The swelling was massive till the 7 - 8 day, than it started to go down and now most of it is gone. I still have some discomfort on my leg ( a bit of numbness and pain on the side of my leg), but I can walk since the second day. My biggest problem was a side injury on my throat caused by the intubation, that caused me more pain than the hip-graft and the chin-wing itself.
I would like to ask to anyone had this surgery before, after how long they got back sensibility on the chin and lower lip area? After how long they finished the liquid diet and started to eat back normally?

Can you post a before/after pic please? I think we would all be really excited to see how it looks like.

boyo

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2017, 06:43:41 PM »
After how long they got back sensibility on the chin and lower lip area?
I only lost feeling in my lower lip. Everything returned within 4 weeks.

After how long they finished the liquid diet and started to eat back normally?
2 weeks.

maverik46

« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2017, 09:47:53 PM »
Can you post a before/after pic please? I think we would all be really excited to see how it looks like.
For now I don't feel to put pictures.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2017, 02:34:20 AM »
is the lower lip numbness permanent?

if you don't have the feeling back in 1 month then it will be forever most likely

maverik46

« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2017, 02:50:06 AM »
is the lower lip numbness permanent?

if you don't have the feeling back in 1 month then it will be forever most likely

I'm just 12 days after surgery, my lower lip is just partially numb, but the chin completely numb

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2017, 08:46:34 AM »
I'm just 12 days after surgery, my lower lip is just partially numb, but the chin completely numb

Doesn't Dr. Z discharge patients with a read out about the normal healing process so you know what to expect? From some of your questions where you are in the lurch about time ranges of 'how long', it appears that he doesn't.

maverik46

« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2017, 08:59:22 AM »
Doesn't Dr. Z discharge patients with a read out about the normal healing process so you know what to expect? From some of your questions where you are in the lurch about time ranges of 'how long', it appears that he doesn't.

Yes he does, but i wanted to read real life experiences of other patients ....