Author Topic: Chin wing + zygomatic osteotomy with DR Z. in October  (Read 39062 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Chin wing + zygomatic osteotomy with DR Z. in October
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2017, 12:20:46 PM »
Yes he does, but i wanted to read real life experiences of other patients ....

Oh, OK. I don't know the time ranges for nerves to get back to normal. But as long as he gave you a time range and you are within it, you should be fine.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2017, 06:12:34 PM »
yeah chin will likely never regain full feeling

and the lower lip probably not 70 percent you'll always have some numbness there.

ODog

« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »
What happened to Maverik? Anyone know how his chin wing turned out? He probably didn't want to post pics after his thread was utterly hijacked.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2018, 07:55:12 PM »
What happened to Maverik? Anyone know how his chin wing turned out? He probably didn't want to post pics after his thread was utterly hijacked.

Some people just get on to ask questions before a surgery and don't 'give back' afterwards. Nothing stops him from starting a new thread.

ETA: His last log in was TODAY.

ETA: Maybe he has specialized knowledge of a magical result and is wanting to hoard it to keep you oblivious.

ODog

« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2018, 04:35:13 AM »
ETA: Maybe he has specialized knowledge of a magical result and is wanting to hoard it to keep you oblivious.

LOL.
It's safe to say he had a good result. If the surgery didn't achieve what he wanted he'd surely make a thread about It for support/ advice/ venting. At the very least we can assume wasn't done poorly or made him worse off

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2018, 08:43:59 AM »
LOL.
It's safe to say he had a good result. If the surgery didn't achieve what he wanted he'd surely make a thread about It for support/ advice/ venting. At the very least we can assume wasn't done poorly or made him worse off

Yes. Safe to say. On page #9 reply #127 of this thread, he checked in to report he was satisfied. Had a few more entries after that asking questions and a few answering them, one of which stating he doesn't want to share photos.

Since this is a long thread, hope the mention of which page to look at eases your navigation of his updates.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2018, 10:41:21 AM »
Some people just get on to ask questions before a surgery and don't 'give back' afterwards. Nothing stops him from starting a new thread.

ETA: His last log in was TODAY.

Good I'll be sure to post the results of a new procedure for cheekbones and gonial angles in a private thread and have him blocked from seeing it. Motherf**ker should have at least provided a very detailed account of results or blocked his eyes out and shared pictures of the jaw at least (have teh face could be blocked).

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2018, 11:01:37 AM »
Good I'll be sure to post the results of a new procedure for cheekbones and gonial angles in a private thread and have him blocked from seeing it. Motherf**ker should have at least provided a very detailed account of results or blocked his eyes out and shared pictures of the jaw at least (have teh face could be blocked).

I noted his basic inconsideration (booking a surgery and giving himself the option to crap out at the last minute) on page #9 Reply#122. Strong elements here of being a taker and not a giver.

ODog

« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2018, 03:33:09 PM »
Yes. Safe to say. On page #9 reply #127 of this thread, he checked in to report he was satisfied. Had a few more entries after that asking questions and a few answering them, one of which stating he doesn't want to share photos.

Since this is a long thread, hope the mention of which page to look at eases your navigation of his updates.

Yeah I seen that but it was kind of vague. I was hoping he'd elaborate. Thanks for helping out though it's much appreciated. He said he improved from the frontal view but did it give him a U shape jaw? Just questions like that I'm curious about.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2018, 04:12:58 PM »
Yeah I seen that but it was kind of vague. I was hoping he'd elaborate. Thanks for helping out though it's much appreciated. He said he improved from the frontal view but did it give him a U shape jaw? Just questions like that I'm curious about.

No idea. Maybe he will see this and report.

GrendelGegongan

« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2018, 08:07:52 AM »
Went back and did the Zygomatic Sandwhich Osteotomy that he couldn't perform in October. He moved the cheekbones forward 7mm and widened them with 7mm in one movement, he also added bone at the top of the cheekbones to make them appear higher. Very pleased with the result, the satisfaction of waking up, touching my face and feeling two solid protruding cheekbones was incredible. Still very swollen though.

Bowie

« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2018, 08:51:37 AM »
he also added bone at the top of the cheekbones to make them appear higher.

Was it a graft from your bone or cadaver and which type of bone?

GrendelGegongan

« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2018, 10:00:02 AM »
Was it a graft from your bone or cadaver and which type of bone?

It was a hip bone graft, so now I have a scar on each hip

Lestat

« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2018, 10:18:07 AM »
Went back and did the Zygomatic Sandwhich Osteotomy that he couldn't perform in October. He moved the cheekbones forward 7mm and widened them with 7mm in one movement, he also added bone at the top of the cheekbones to make them appear higher. Very pleased with the result, the satisfaction of waking up, touching my face and feeling two solid protruding cheekbones was incredible. Still very swollen though.

Do not be a fool. A movement of 7mm forward is not possible. Laterally it is feasible.

In addition, I find it a nonsense to add iliac crest bone at the top of the cheekbones. It is very unpredictable and the risk of resorption is very high. A well-known surgeon from Switzerland once said to me that it is the material that is the first to be resorbed.
Moreover, it also causes bone erosion when used as an onlay and can get infected. Although it is not foreign material it "grows" into the bone just like each other material, even if it is fixed with titanium screws to prevent it from shifting. (Even if we only speak of a few millimeters, it is precisely these that make the difference).

It was a hip bone graft, so now I have a scar on each hip

You could have used Bio Oss or Hydroxyapatite (HA) blocks to fill the gap (Inlay), then you would have spared another scar.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:49:19 AM by Lestat »

ditterbo

« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2018, 10:49:44 AM »
Do not be a fool. A movement of 7mm forward is not possible. Laterally it is feasible.

In addition, I find it a nonsense to add iliac crest bone at the top of the cheekbones. It is very unpredictable and the risk of resorption is very high. A well-known surgeon from Switzerland once said to me that it is the material that is the first to be resorbed.
Moreover, it also causes bone erosion when used as an onlay and can get infected. Although it is not foreign material it "grows" into the bone just like each other material, even if it is fixed with titanium screws to prevent it from shifting. (Even if we only speak of a few millimeters, it is precisely these that make the difference).

You could have used Bio Oss or Hydroxyapatite (HA) blocks to fill the gap (Inlay), then you would have spared another scar.

And so Dr Z is ignoring these supposed facts?  Somehow I doubt it's that black and white.