Author Topic: What are fillers effective / good for?  (Read 2373 times)

MyTimeIsNow

What are fillers effective / good for?
« on: September 10, 2017, 03:01:37 AM »
I feel like fillers are hardly ever discussed here, rightly or wrongly. I personally have 0 experience with them.

One of the forum members, Ilovethemoon, claimed that fillers gave him/her high cheekbones:

"I got Resty injected a while ago in the cheeks, I had no cheekbones whatsoever. A few CC was enough to give me good high cheekbones"

earl25

Re: What are fillers effective / good for?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:20:53 AM »
I feel like fillers are hardly ever discussed here, rightly or wrongly. I personally have 0 experience with them.

One of the forum members, Ilovethemoon, claimed that fillers gave him/her high cheekbones:

"I got Resty injected a while ago in the cheeks, I had no cheekbones whatsoever. A few CC was enough to give me good high cheekbones"

Fillers arent permanenet, also imo fillers are great for ppl who need a little bit of augmentation.  Missj said it best filler needs a shelf to go on.

I havent seen any pics of someone with a massive bone structure deficiency get fillers and have it solved

Milli_Meters

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 10:04:54 AM »
Fillers arent permanenet, also imo fillers are great for ppl who need a little bit of augmentation.  Missj said it best filler needs a shelf to go on.

I havent seen any pics of someone with a massive bone structure deficiency get fillers and have it solved

Pretty much this. Someone had posted some rather ostensibly impressive filler from iran. Search Iran in the forum. But its dubious a f.

earl25

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 11:15:54 AM »
Pretty much this. Someone had posted some rather ostensibly impressive filler from iran. Search Iran in the forum. But its dubious a f.

I wouldnt trust it. Dr gal aharonov has what is considerd the best filler results around and while theyre good they arent  ground breaking

Jilkster

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 11:17:47 AM »
I had my left gonial angle lowered and chin asymmetry somewhat camouflaged with radiesse, looks alright, didn't fix it entirely but I wasn't expecting that. Large corrections may be harder and get very pricey, I do think somewhat impressive results can be had with large volumes of a hard filler.

Bowie

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 11:48:12 AM »
You guys are underestimating the power of fillers

BrazilianJaw

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 03:55:54 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/uBkZb

Some results can be really good I think. This is a PMMA subperiosteal result + rhino (of course) from Brazilian guy.

Jilkster

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 11:06:25 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/uBkZb

Some results can be really good I think. This is a PMMA subperiosteal result + rhino (of course) from Brazilian guy.

Strong username/post combo.

BrazilianJaw

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 02:07:42 PM »
PMMA use in Brazil is really widespread (permanent effect and 1/4  Restylane's price). They inject 100-200 mL in butt. I have seen bad results and complications, over time PMMA moves away from original site and can cause granulomes. Plastic surgeons say that if injected subperiosteal, these complications do not occur.

I'm still weighing up Bimax or Chin Implant. A Plastic surgeon wants to put 6-8 mL of PMMA in my chin, i'm not sure. I think i will go with chin implant, and after use 1-2 mL of PMMA in the mentolabial fold if it's became too deep.

Anyone has experince in permanent fillers?

Sorry for english

earl25

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 03:52:28 PM »
PMMA use in Brazil is really widespread (permanent effect and 1/4  Restylane's price). They inject 100-200 mL in butt. I have seen bad results and complications, over time PMMA moves away from original site and can cause granulomes. Plastic surgeons say that if injected subperiosteal, these complications do not occur.

I'm still weighing up Bimax or Chin Implant. A Plastic surgeon wants to put 6-8 mL of PMMA in my chin, i'm not sure. I think i will go with chin implant, and after use 1-2 mL of PMMA in the mentolabial fold if it's became too deep.

Anyone has experince in permanent fillers?

Sorry for english

Ive heard docs say pmma is very hard to remove. I heard dr lam does a small allergy test for pmma to make sure the patient isnt allergic because its tough to remove
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:23:52 PM by earl25 »

BrazilianJaw

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 05:05:23 PM »
In Brazil, about 10000 procedures/year are done due to pmma complications. It's almost impossible remove 100% the material. In my case, I think i could go for a chin implant (silicone or medpor), and use the minimum pmma possible to correct minor imperfections. But still trying to realize if bimax is a better option.

earl25

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 08:27:03 PM »
Ever material has their pros and cons
Each person needs to consider which ones have the most pros to cons

BrazilianJaw

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 01:08:00 PM »
Good point Earl25,

Miss J is a member in this forum? I think she can help me.

A local maxfac surgeon will make a morph with bimax or just genio in Dolphin imaging. This program have good accuracy?

earl25

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 01:49:59 PM »
Good point Earl25,

Miss J is a member in this forum? I think she can help me.

A local maxfac surgeon will make a morph with bimax or just genio in Dolphin imaging. This program have good accuracy?

Missj has her own forum

In all my years in ps ive either seen ,read or heard of a horror story from EVERY material and procedure