Author Topic: Recommend me some surgeries (3D DVT Scan)  (Read 2466 times)

Aurelius

Recommend me some surgeries (3D DVT Scan)
« on: September 14, 2017, 08:02:17 AM »
Hey guys, I just got my DVT scan done, and I got the program as well so I can look at all the layers and s**t. Really interesting to look into your own head.

Anyway, the thing is I don't know a lot about aesthetics and surgery, all I can see is that everything is recessed and that I have a shortface.

So yeah, I'd be interested in your opinions on what I should and could get done to improve my looks.

https://imgur.com/a/yaU69

edit: in the second pic you can see my soft tissue a bit better, as you can see I have a long philtrum and short round nose. Not sure about getting a nose job though. Also some thoughts on how upper jaw surgery would work with long philtrum and short nose would be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:26:57 AM by Aurelius »

ppsk

Re: Recommend me some surgeries (3D DVT Scan)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 08:30:43 AM »
Honestly scans are useless for recommending anything. Its hard to look at someones skeleton and go "oh heres something that is aberrant/could be improved"

on the other hand, very easy to do so with regular pictures of a person's face. Furthermore, such aesthetic issues might not be strictly skeletal and instead be partially or completely soft tissue problems, in which case, again, xrays are kind of useless.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »
Your cephs are very USEFUL. They reveal very strong and wide bone structure to the mandible and good profile projection. That is to say, your face isn't recessed, your mandible isn't narrow or short.

However, they also reveal very 'flat' mandibular and occlusal planes where upshot of that is shortness to the middle '1/3rd'. Short MIDFACE.

Your cephs also reveal what NOT to do. I would avoid isolated attempts to lengthen the lower '1/3rd' (or even widen) as that could make your mid 1/3 look even shorter.

Theoretically, if you got bi-max, it would be in the direction of clockwise rotatation, not CCW for more elongation to the middle section and to increase angle of inclination of mandibular plane.

Practically speaking though, has a max fax ever told you it would be difficult to elongate the part where you have the shortness?

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Aurelius

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 05:22:26 PM »
Your cephs are very USEFUL. They reveal very strong and wide bone structure to the mandible and good profile projection. That is to say, your face isn't recessed, your mandible isn't narrow or short.

However, they also reveal very 'flat' mandibular and occlusal planes where upshot of that is shortness to the middle '1/3rd'. Short MIDFACE.

Your cephs also reveal what NOT to do. I would avoid isolated attempts to lengthen the lower '1/3rd' (or even widen) as that could make your mid 1/3 look even shorter.

Theoretically, if you got bi-max, it would be in the direction of clockwise rotatation, not CCW for more elongation to the middle section and to increase angle of inclination of mandibular plane.

Practically speaking though, has a max fax ever told you it would be difficult to elongate the part where you have the shortness?

I spoke to Dr Z once years ago but only about chin wing and rhinoplasty. I didnt know anything about aesthetics back then and he didnt suggest me anything of that nature (bimax). I will talk to him the next couple weeks though, and I definitely aim for a bimax.

Also looked at some other cephs in google and realized my skull looks pretty badass actually :D However, my face is just f**king small, if everything was bigger maybe it´d look good but now my face does look very underdeveloped and small (wich is weird because I´m not short or something). Also if you look at the widest part of my face, my mandible is much narrower than that isnt it?

But thanks a lot man, you really opened my eyes regarding the midface. I guess it would be most critical to lengthen that right?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 05:27:17 PM »
First off, I don't see any need for surgery here, and IMO any surgeon doing bi-max on you is being irresponsible.
That said, agree with Kavan that your face is on the shorter side and CW rotation might be appropriate in that instance. We'd have to see photos/soft tissue to know what's up, but the x-rays definitely help.

From what I can see of the soft tissue on the scans, it appears like your lower lip is well behind the upper. That would be hard to fix while also doing CW rotation to lengthen the face. Sometimes these issues go beyond bones.

Personally, I'd do nothing and go enjoy life. Your skeleton looks quite good.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 06:48:33 PM »
I spoke to Dr Z once years ago but only about chin wing and rhinoplasty. I didnt know anything about aesthetics back then and he didnt suggest me anything of that nature (bimax). I will talk to him the next couple weeks though, and I definitely aim for a bimax.

Also looked at some other cephs in google and realized my skull looks pretty badass actually :D However, my face is just f**king small, if everything was bigger maybe it´d look good but now my face does look very underdeveloped and small (wich is weird because I´m not short or something). Also if you look at the widest part of my face, my mandible is much narrower than that isnt it?

But thanks a lot man, you really opened my eyes regarding the midface. I guess it would be most critical to lengthen that right?

Perhaps consult with some max fax's about short midface.

ditterbo

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 07:18:59 PM »
That sure is one robust looking jaw. I can fit like two of mine into the space of yours with room to spare.

How can he get CW rotation when:
I would avoid isolated attempts to lengthen the lower '1/3rd' (or even widen) as that could make your mid 1/3 look even shorter.
I thought the shortness was in his mid-face? I'm probably not entirely following.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »
That sure is one robust looking jaw. I can fit like two of mine into the space of yours with room to spare.

How can he get CW rotation when:I thought the shortness was in his mid-face? I'm probably not entirely following.

'Theoretically' speaking bimax would be in direction of CW (flat OP and MP). Was wanting to stress he didn't need CCW. More of a matter to pre-empt a mantra like suggestion of of 'get CCW' rather than to suggest bimax with clockwise rotation.

Isolated attempts to avoid would refer to procedures aimed at elongating the lower jaw that are not bi max such as drop down chin wings.

Aurelius

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 06:34:09 AM »
Hey guys, I was searching google for the term maxillary downgraft and I guess that's what I need.

Me and this guy actually seem to have similar issues, and by that I mean we look like we have the same kind of deformity. Have you seen such a case before?

(here is the full case: http://www.facialsculptureclinic.com/en/case/jaw-surgery/169/) I have a longer head (like where the brain is) though and my teeth show normal when smiling. However the front rows of my teeth are really narrow.

Oh man, weeks ago I was contemplating wether I need one or two chin wings or if I should go with implants right away :D Thanks for giving me some perspective.