Author Topic: European surgeon for BIMAX  (Read 7815 times)

FranksMonster

European surgeon for BIMAX
« on: September 16, 2017, 07:58:38 AM »
Hello,

I need a bimax surgery to correct a terribly canted jaw.

Which surgeons in Europe do you recommend and what are their prizes?

I'm willing to pay a bit more if it means it would be safer and provide better results. Although I don't WANT to pay like 100.000 €, I would be willing to do that also if it's really beneficial.

Regards!

P.s.: I already did orthodontic treatment (unfortunately all it truly did was show me just how canted my jaw really is; before I simply thought my teeth were crooked) and even have 3 implants. Maybe "surgery first" would be preferable for me?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:07:19 AM by FranksMonster »

CCW

Re: European surgeon for BIMAX
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 09:43:06 AM »
Alfaro in Spain and Raffaini in Italy.

FranksMonster

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 12:44:35 PM »
I've been looking into both of them. Which one do you prefer?

ditterbo

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 01:20:28 PM »
Alfaro in Spain and Raffaini in Italy.

Now are they noteworthy from your own research or did stupidjaws tell you that? I don't mean that to come off as insulting or anything nefarious like that, but curious for myself these days if they're still thee best EU surgeons to consider still.

ppsk

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 01:52:03 PM »
Now are they noteworthy from your own research or did stupidjaws tell you that? I don't mean that to come off as insulting or anything nefarious like that, but curious for myself these days if they're still thee best EU surgeons to consider still.

the only thing SJ tells people about Raffaini is that he doesn't like him, and AFAIK has never said diddly squat about Alfaro.

alfaro is absolutely notable on his own, because he practically is the pioneer of surgery first approaches which were/are a pretty big deal in the jaw surgery world, and he's been quite successful with the self-promotion side of the business. Raffaini i would say is notable because his results get a lot of chatter on the internet.

As far as "big names" go in EU jaw surgery, I say those two qualify.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 02:23:32 PM »

Off the mark here. Stupid Jaws puts the push on Marian---- and Z.  Alfaro and Raffaini were note worthy long before SJ got on with his name drops.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 05:25:07 PM »
Off the mark here. Stupid Jaws puts the push on Marian---- and Z.  Alfaro and Raffaini were note worthy long before SJ got on with his name drops.

+1

SJ was actually critical of Raffaini . Said he was "too busy".

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 08:10:56 PM »
+1

SJ was actually critical of Raffaini . Said he was "too busy".

He tells people to go to Marian......whom he went to for a rev rhino but he did  not go there for bi-max. But does he relay he went to a doctor in Turkey to revise Marian....'s rev rhino?

ppsk

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 10:07:58 AM »
can we stop with this silly game re: censoring the name?

M is my surgeon, irrespective of whatever SJ has been telling people, and if GJ isn't also going to delete every mention of Zarrinbal's name (who probably quite literally owes his international popularity and name recognition online to SJ.) it is hardly fair or rational.

What exactly is the reason for doing this? Naturally people are going to recommend doctors they have personal experience with. I KNOW i had a post in here where i listed at least 6 names meeting the OP's criteria, and it's gotten black-hole'd over i can only imagine me mentioning MY surgeon's name as ONE OF many.

For f**k's sake, I have contributed a lot to this forum and always helped people out to the best of my ability when they contacted me, unlike certain former members who came in, squeezed people for all the information they could while jealously guarding their own, and then f**ked off for good when they had gotten what they wanted. I am too tainted by association with SJ simply because I have been friendly with him? At what point does this silliness stop and I can actually recommend based on my OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, like everyone sane does?

EDIT: furthermore, all sorts of names get thrown around here by people who haven't even consulted the surgeon. Without throwing people under the bus, i can think of at least 2 posters in particular who have name dropped all kinds of names simply because they came across them while clicking on google. Meanwhile I have actually had surgery with a surgeon, and apparently this name is verboten simply because SJ has recommended him to people as he did with Zarrinbal, and yet Z's name is all over this f**king board.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 10:33:04 AM »
can we stop with this silly game re: censoring the name?

M is my surgeon, irrespective of whatever SJ has been telling people, and if GJ isn't also going to delete every mention of Zarrinbal's name (who probably quite literally owes his international popularity and name recognition online to SJ.) it is hardly fair or rational.

What exactly is the reason for doing this? Naturally people are going to recommend doctors they have personal experience with. I KNOW i had a post in here where i listed at least 6 names meeting the OP's criteria, and it's gotten black-hole'd over i can only imagine me mentioning MY surgeon's name as ONE OF many.

For f**k's sake, I have contributed a lot to this forum and always helped people out to the best of my ability when they contacted me, unlike certain former members who came in, squeezed people for all the information they could while jealously guarding their own, and then f**ked off for good when they had gotten what they wanted. I am too tainted by association with SJ simply because I have been friendly with him? At what point does this silliness stop and I can actually recommend based on my OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, like everyone sane does?

EDIT: furthermore, all sorts of names get thrown around here by people who haven't even consulted the surgeon. Without throwing people under the bus, i can think of at least 2 posters in particular who have name dropped all kinds of names simply because they came across them while clicking on google. Meanwhile I have actually had surgery with a surgeon, and apparently this name is verboten simply because SJ has recommended him to people as he did with Zarrinbal, and yet Z's name is all over this f**king board.

Well, why don't you just recommend Marian,,,,, based on the fact he had a HIGH infection rate and chose to put implants in you at SAME time for all i care. you just don't get it. SJ is pushing those doctors and getting people to PARROT their names.

As to my NOT spelling it out, it was because i elected NOT to.  I am not aware at this point in time whether or not there is a board function to disallow not spelling out the name. So, I hope you are not requesting that I PARROT his name on here.

However, I do think it's good idea to disallow full spelling of SJ's docs he promotes given his deceptive biz practices.

ppsk

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 10:39:07 AM »
Well, why don't you just recommend Marian,,,,, based on the fact he had a HIGH infection rate and chose to put implants in you at SAME time for all i care. you just don't get it. SJ is pushing those doctors and getting people to PARROT their names.

As to my NOT spelling it out, it was because i elected NOT to.  I am not aware at this point in time whether or not there is a board function to disallow not spelling out the name. So, I hope you are not requesting that I PARROT his name on here.

However, I do think it's good idea to disallow full spelling of SJ's docs he promotes given his deceptive biz practices.

Its not you im talking about, I've had several posts deleted, and a thread where i spent a lot of time answering questions.

I can only come to the conclusion these posts are getting deleted off mentioning a particular name

edit: and what exactly don't I get?

How the f**k do you propose people come to recommendations other than personal experience? This is insane.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 10:42:51 AM »
I've had several posts deleted, and a thread where i spent a lot of time answering questions.

I appreciate you trying to help people and even understand your point: you want to talk about the doctor you used and recommend him if you think he's good, but given what SJ did that isn't happening any time soon. Considering C has a quote on SJ's site about AMF, I can't rule out the depth of this corruption, and therefore they're not getting promotion here. You're free to leave the forum if you don't like it.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

ppsk

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 10:44:31 AM »
I appreciate you trying to help people and even understand your point: you want to talk about the doctor you used and recommend him if you think he's good, but given what SJ did that isn't happening any time soon. Considering C has a quote on SJ's site about AMF, I can't rule out the doctors, and therefore they're not getting promotion here.

But this is different for Zarrinbal because ??

Do you see my point? Z was completely unknown outside of Germany before SJ's recommendations, but there is no consideration for Z but a certain consideration for M just because hes another doctor SJ had personal experience with?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 10:45:12 AM »
How the f**k do you propose people come to recommendations other than personal experience? This is insane.

What is insane is how badly you want to promote M.

Z was well known before SJ.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

ppsk

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 10:55:20 AM »
What is insane is how badly you want to promote M.

Z was well known before SJ.

How the f**k have been "badly" or otherwise trying to promote him? I had a thread detailing my experience. You deleted that.

In this thread I had a post where he was one of at least SIX DIFFERENT NAMES all meeting the OP's criteria, this too, you deleted. And In fact, in that very post the names i have the most lip service to were Alfaro and Raffiani, not M, who was only mentioned in name and nothing else.

I don't think anyone who can see my post history could accuse me of trying to "promote" M anything beyond saying he was my surgeon, which is a fact, that I had a good experience which is a fact, that I have also had complications post-operatively, that is also a fact. If i was trying to promote or otherwise be a shill, why the f**k would I mention that?

If I seem agitated about this, its because I am. Its really annoying having posts deleted, I don't have to contribute, and given the way this is going, I simply won't from now on.