Author Topic: European surgeon for BIMAX  (Read 7818 times)

GJ

• Administrator
Re: European surgeon for BIMAX
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 05:16:50 PM »
I think what GJ is wanting ppsk to understand is that this is just not the 'right time' to be dropping M's name given the circumstances.  The promos of M, ultimately converge to SJ's mention and that includes behind the scenes and that brought in a lot of parroting of his name.

Exactly, especially since I gave him what I thought was a clear explanation, and told him I get where he's coming from. Yet, instead of "Alright, I'll wait a bit and talk about it once this all passes" he fired back with more Grade A, indignant/self-righteous rage-ahol. Anyway, I gave him a week ban so he can calm down. Whether he comes back or not I really don't care. Agree with others he seemed like an okay guy for the most part. Polasko brings up a good point about Stockholm Syndrome...apparently it's not only a phenomena with a doctor but also SJ.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2017, 05:18:41 PM »
Weird is the word. M is recently( couple of weeks ago) offering implants.

Dervyx ,you sure , something was not lost in translation?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 05:29:56 PM »
Exactly, especially since I gave him what I thought was a clear explanation, and told him I get where he's coming from. Yet, instead of "Alright, I'll wait a bit and talk about it once this all passes" he fired back with more Grade A, indignant/self-righteous rage-ahol. Anyway, I gave him a week ban so he can calm down. Whether he comes back or not I really don't care. Agree with others he seemed like an okay guy for the most part. Polasko brings up a good point about Stockholm Syndrome...apparently it's not only a phenomena with a doctor but also SJ.

Well, not to be too specific here but SJ has certain 'abilities' as to how to endear and influence people as to any character he chooses to play.  ppsk might not realize it's all an act.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 04:06:49 AM »
Nothing about jaw surgery can ever be simple, not even the recommendation of surgeons god damnit!!! so much smoke and mirrors. Anyways...

Defrancq seems like a decent surgeon to me and has been extremely helpful in answering any questions I had over email. Haven't been to see him in person but plan on doing so once I address some health concerns.

Raffaini also seems decent from the stuff I have seen from him online.

Alfaro is also decent from what I've heard, he can perform surgery first and does CCW so his surgical skill is quite good. Haven't seen many results from him.

MyTimeIsNow

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 05:47:32 AM »
Personal consult experience:

This is for surgery first bimax + genio / chin wing

Both had the best B/As I've ever seen. Raffaini in person B/As were different from the famous ones from his website.

Alfaro is a leading name in terms of surgery first research publications in Europe, so might be a solid option as well. I have no personal experience with him. As far as I know his price is similar to Raffaini.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:12:10 PM by GJ »

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 06:37:48 PM »

Both had the best B/As I've ever seen. Raffaini in person B/As were different from the famous ones from his website.

Alfaro is a leading name in terms of surgery first research publications in Europe, so might be a solid option as well. I have no personal experience with him. As far as I know his price is similar to Raffaini.

Prices can't be discussed outside of PM

PloskoPlus

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »

Surprised you were offered jaw surgery - you don't need it.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2017, 09:19:42 PM »

Surprised you were offered jaw surgery - you don't need it.

R wanted  to advance him 10 mms.

(In all fairness hypothetical sleep apnea was apparently in the mix)

But BOTH HIS jaws...advanced 10 mms. Jeez.

ditterbo

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2017, 10:01:14 PM »
R wanted  to advance him 10 mms.

(In all fairness hypothetical sleep apnea was apparently in the mix)

But BOTH HIS jaws...advanced 10 mms. Jeez.

When ppl leave it generic like that, do I assume jaw + genio is included in this #? if so then yeah may as well just get an sg and keep a year of quality life, generically speaking.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2017, 10:20:48 PM »
He wanted to advance his maxilla by 10 mm , assuming his mandible by the same and then genio. I think. Anyway would have been overkill and would have risked this guy's otherwise harmonious features.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 07:30:00 AM »

If my memory serves me right regarding photos you showed here prior, the type of surgery that would benefit you FIRST would be the hyoid surgery, fat removal from DEEP tissues in the anterior neck triangle and a genio along with that.

I don't want to drop doctor names here but will confirm that you had 'THE' doctor's name who is very conversant in addressing the above mentioned areas which I told you prior were the crux of your problem.

MyTimeIsNow

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 10:21:58 PM »
He wanted to advance his maxilla by 10 mm , assuming his mandible by the same and then genio. I think. Anyway would have been overkill and would have risked this guy's otherwise harmonious features.

Correct about the plan. Again, in his defense there was strong suspicion that I might have sleep apnea and I did have narrow airways. My sleep test cleared me of sleep apnea, but another sleep disorder was diagnosed.

MyTimeIsNow

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2017, 10:24:51 PM »

If my memory serves me right regarding photos you showed here prior, the type of surgery that would benefit you FIRST would be the hyoid surgery, fat removal from DEEP tissues in the anterior neck triangle and a genio along with that.

I don't want to drop doctor names here but will confirm that you had 'THE' doctor's name who is very conversant in addressing the above mentioned areas which I told you prior were the crux of your problem.

THE doctor told me to either get genio first or get both genio + hyoid surgery at the same time. I wasn't comfortable with getting genio with him - he's not a maxfac and yes genio is relatively easy, but I would rather have it done by maxfac. So I'm having standalone genio next week and then hyoid surgery 6-8 weeks later with THE doctor.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2017, 10:30:02 PM »
THE doctor told me to either get genio first or get both genio + hyoid surgery at the same time. I wasn't comfortable with getting genio with him - he's not a maxfac and yes genio is relatively easy, but I would rather have it done by maxfac. So I'm having standalone genio next week and then hyoid surgery 6-8 weeks later with THE doctor.

He's good at genios. Started as max fax but had a bigger call for PS. But what he told you was fine.