Author Topic: Wisdom teeth removal f**d up my face and my health  (Read 7240 times)

Framboise

Wisdom teeth removal f**d up my face and my health
« on: September 18, 2017, 12:01:10 AM »
Hi everyone !

I used to like my face with round full cheek and cat eyes.

But, my dentist decided to remove my upper wisdom teeth last winter, because "third molars are useless". I have a class 2 and used to chew with them for years. But I have a cavity in one of them and have no choice....

Now, my face is a disaster.

My jaws, my chin and my cheeks have been receding. My soft tissue is collapsed : I have jowls instead of round cheeks. And because of the receding, my nose is now wider and upturned.
My eyes are more round, my eyelid lazy etc.

Besides the aesthetical effects, I have problems with my teeth : they have been movind forward and downward.

I have pain in my TMJ my knees and my back. Nobody understand why this happen.

I've been searching solutions for monthes.

I've seen Dr D. in Belgium who have offered me :
- a Trimax
- High cheek bone augmentation
- upper jaw extrusion

I'm not very happy with this, especially 4 mm advancement. I think it's not enough because I have No place for my thongue. I feel it'll just worsen my nose and my lips

Like many people, I would like to have a MLIII. I don't know why people keep secret which doctors offer it.

If anyone have suggestions, I will be happy

Sorry for my poor english ;)

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:30:08 PM by Framboise »

Washingtoni

Re: Wisdom teeth removal f**d up my face and my health
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 07:12:22 AM »
Hey Framboise Im very sorry what happened to you. I read that this can happen after wisdom teeth removal.
It was a big error but its very common by dentists to do this. Yes you looked pretty.
I would be very careful in choosing the right surgeon. I dont think 4mm will give you a satisfied results
The right solution can be a LF2 but also a normally performed BSSO with rotation.

When you have enough money min 20-30 000 eur to spend I would go to the PROS in jaw surgery...someone that can archieve better projection of your maxilla and jaw. You can PM me if you whant names where also perform LF2. So long Good luck.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 01:36:36 PM »
Hey Framboise Im very sorry what happened to you. I read that this can happen after wisdom teeth removal.
It was a big error but its very common by dentists to do this. Yes you looked pretty.
I would be very careful in choosing the right surgeon. I dont think 4mm will give you a satisfied results
The right solution can be a LF2 but also a normally performed BSSO with rotation.

When you have enough money min 20-30 000 eur to spend I would go to the PROS in jaw surgery...someone that can archieve better projection of your maxilla and jaw. You can PM me if you whant names where also perform LF2. So long Good luck.

Her photos are poorly presented and there is certainly NOT enough visual information in the profile after for you to suggest to her to get a lefort 2.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ditterbo

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 02:29:52 PM »
Yeah I meant to respond to this earlier, how the heck do you jump to LF2 with her case.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 03:35:22 PM »
Yeah I meant to respond to this earlier, how the heck do you jump to LF2 with her case.

Perhaps not knowing what it actually is. That would be my guess.

girl

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 03:25:44 AM »
Unless you want to achieve an "ante face" (like that shown in your profile pic), I honestly don't see much wrong with your jaw or face apart from the slightest amount of recession.

If you want that look though, you should visit the ones who are known for that.

Do you mean you want a lefort III (MLIII?) Personally, I think you could get away with plastic surgery and a genioplasty.

Framboise

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 07:59:01 AM »
Thank you so much for your answers.

About the Lefort 2 :
I've already a proeminent nose, so maybe a Lefort 2 won't be a good thing.
On the other hand, my nose has suffered from my recent jaw receding and I'm a little bit scared having a piggy nose if I undergo a Lefort 1. Piggy nose is so difficult to correct.

About the Lefort 3 :
Girl, I've thinked about it because I have very flat cheeks. I've read that HA paste can't help a lot about it.

As of now, I'm really bothered by my TMJ pain. I've tried a new splint but wearing it worsened my dysfunction very quickly.
I can barely open my mouth, and I hear cracking sound when I eat. I'm on medications to bear the pain that I have H24, even at rest.

Plus, a condylar resorption is visible on my X ray, according to a surgeon.

So, I may need both jaw and TMJ surgery

Very scared.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 10:18:55 AM »
When you have enough money min 20-30 000 eur to spend I would go to the PROS in jaw surgery.

Hah. Banned.
I wouldn't listen to this SJ sock puppet, OP.

Wisdom teeth removal really can't do any damage since the teeth are so far back. You must be looking closer for issues now that were always there. It's impossible to tell anything from the photos you posted since they're all different angles and lighting.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 10:59:03 AM »
Idiopathic condylar resorption is something where the cause is NOT really definite BUT is associated with types of arthritis conditions and estrogen imbalances along with other things. That is to say, you can't attribute 'CAUSALITY' to the wisdom tooth extraction.

What you should be researching is Idiopathic condylar resorption and NOT asking people to hand you 'on a platter' the names of doctors who do modified types of leforts. Also, I have no idea if you would have been on your way looking for a lefort 2 IF I had not put the photo up of it.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 11:16:55 AM »
Idiopathic condylar resorption is something where the cause is NOT really definite BUT is associated with types of arthritis conditions and estrogen imbalances along with other things. That is to say, you can't attribute 'CAUSALITY' to the wisdom tooth extraction.

Causality is a big logical error.

And yep, females are prone to ICR -- AKA "cheerleader syndrome".

Given the sets of photos we can't deduct anything because they're all different angles and light. Photos, I was told by several doctors, are the worst tool for diagnosis as well. And that was photos taken in their office. Imagine how bad photos taken at home at various angles are...

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 11:31:56 AM »
Causality is a big logical error.

And yep, females are prone to ICR -- AKA "cheerleader syndrome".

Given the sets of photos we can't deduct anything because they're all different angles and light. Photos, I was told by several doctors, are the worst tool for diagnosis as well. And that was photos taken in their office. Imagine how bad photos taken at home at various angles are...

Agree and also bad photo presentation.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »
Agree and also bad photo presentation.

Especially the last one. The phone is covering the face. While I enjoyed the skimpy dress as a nice change of pace around here, the photo did nothing to help with the original question. Seemed like fishing for compliments.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 11:52:41 AM »
Especially the last one. The phone is covering the face. While I enjoyed the skimpy dress as a nice change of pace around here, the photo did nothing to help with the original question. Seemed like fishing for compliments.

Honestly, I am not sure as to what to say or how to say it (outside of a PM to you) as to photo presentations where the area someone wanting feedback on is covered by the camera.

Framboise

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 11:16:37 AM »
Hi  :)

I saw my surgeon, and surprisingly, he told me that I have not a condylar resorption but a significant joint remodelling.
He told me that my wisdom teeth should play a major role in my occlusion because I have an occlusal trauma.

Next step is to try another splint. If no improvement : surgery.

Ps : I am on this forum to find support and not to read derogatory feedback. There's treatment for early menopause...

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 11:46:38 AM »
Ps : I am on this forum to find support and not to read derogatory feedback. There's treatment for early menopause...

What are you talking about?