Author Topic: Masseter + jaw muscles hypetrophy  (Read 730 times)

da_dean

Masseter + jaw muscles hypetrophy
« on: September 28, 2017, 01:10:36 PM »
Hi guys!

I'm 25/m, and I'm getting a jaw surgery sometime next year because of sleep apnea, but the doctor is willing to consider my aesthetic issues as well about my receding chin/ bit steep jaw angle.

As of now it seems like it will be a CCW upper + lower jaw + genioplasty but he wants to take off as much tension of my jaw joints as possible, so he is considering adressing my mild jaw asymmetry ( it's not really a concern for me but if he says it will be better im in).

I'm really fine with the other parts of my face, but my masseters seem a little bit underdeveloped.

I know you will say that my jaw is just narrow but I was a mouthbreather since like 9-10, the muscle feels small and here is the thing:

the upper part of the face is wide and if I could add like 1-2 mm of muscle to the sides really minimal not talking about extreme width, it would have this really good looking wide jaw angle, but now it is a little bit rounded because it lacks that minimal width.

My question is: Is there a way to stregthen the muscles without causing TMJD or excessive masseter hypertrophy?

To be honest im really baffled how much of a difference that few milimeters could make when i push with my fingers under it mildly. Like night and day.

Any advice?