Author Topic: Massive Red Flags regarding Dr Joel Defrancq  (Read 1067 times)

prometheus

Massive Red Flags regarding Dr Joel Defrancq
« on: September 29, 2017, 09:59:53 AM »
At first I thought he was sound, but I'm not so sure now. PM if you want to know more.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:17:12 AM by prometheus »

MyTimeIsNow

Re: Massive Red Flags regarding Dr Joel Defrancq
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 10:06:43 AM »
I had a consult with him and he was generous with his time. Him and his assistant spend ~2 hours when I paid for 30min visit. However, I don't like his results, so I never really considered him for my surgeries.

prometheus

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:11:24 AM »
I've also consulted with him. He was generous with the time spent in the initial consultation, I can't deny that.

Jilkster

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 10:26:22 AM »
PM me.

Framboise

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 02:24:40 AM »
[deleted]
poster requested deletion
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:16:33 PM by kavan »

prometheus

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 12:38:46 AM »
I found all his assistants to be very nice indeed. I know surgeons must get annoyed with time wasters, but surely once you have paid him 1000 euro, he should see you are more serious. Before paying him for the work up, I told him I would have many more questions. He said that was no problem and he would be happy to answer them. As soon as I paid for the work up, he then acted like he had provided all the answers needed (the work up is very basic and doesn't contain much more than the mm of movements), and it was time for me to book surgery and just trust him.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
I called it on this dude. I can tell he sucks from his BS. Seriously MOST if not all jaw surgeons have no idea what they're doing. Its a very very primitive science. I'd go with Gunson on most counts if you can and even he fucks up.

Framboise

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 12:41:50 AM »
I can tell he sucks from his BS

[deleted]  poster wanted her post deleted
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:13:11 PM by kavan »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 01:29:20 PM »

anyone who does buccal fat pad removal doesn't know what they're doing. it's like those who remove four bicuspids. RED FLAGS.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:13:37 PM by kavan »

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 04:24:13 PM »
anyone who does buccal fat pad removal doesn't know what they're doing. it's like those who remove four bicuspids. RED FLAGS.

+1

Seems there's a disconnect between what can be done and what should be done.

ditterbo

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 04:26:52 PM »

I mean apparently that's a thing in bimax, to remove 4 bicuspids to keep the bite even in the back. Though I presume you're referring to straight up bicuspid removal for standalone orthodontic purposes. There's a big EU doc that augments the cheeks with buccal fat pad... I'm not convinced that produces reliably good results, just based off what I know from here.

Framboise

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 12:17:38 AM »
deleted

poster wanted her comment removed.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:11:08 PM by kavan »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 09:51:15 AM »

It doesn't make the cheekbones more prominent.  It just creates a sort of gouge in your cheek that looks terrible. I know I had it done and trust me my surgeon kept saying the same thing. Big cheekbones are result of big prominent cheekbones. In other words, you need to get the cheekbones augmented somehow(still trying to figure out what procedure can do this without implants). I'm not convinced anything other than implants can really help. Haven't seen the result of enough ZSO's to assess whether it's a good procedure. But maybe we'll see more in the future. Also, fat augmentation in that area without the bone augmentation also looks fake. It just makes you have this weird bloated midface without the sharpness or volume that naturally big boney cheekbones would provide. Maybe multiple ZSO's , I don't know.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:10:28 PM by kavan »

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 10:28:13 AM »
It doesn't make the cheekbones more prominent.  It just creates a sort of gouge in your cheek that looks terrible. I know I had it done and trust me my surgeon kept saying the same thing. Big cheekbones are result of big prominent cheekbones. In other words, you need to get the cheekbones augmented somehow(still trying to figure out what procedure can do this without implants). I'm not convinced anything other than implants can really help. Haven't seen the result of enough ZSO's to assess whether it's a good procedure. But maybe we'll see more in the future. Also, fat augmentation in that area without the bone augmentation also looks fake. It just makes you have this weird bloated midface without the sharpness or volume that naturally big boney cheekbones would provide. Maybe multiple ZSO's , I don't know.

re; [It makes the cheek bones more prominent. ]

The flip side of that is that it makes FLAT cheek bones more visible as FLAT ones.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

jawline

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 11:23:49 AM »
In regards to buccal fat removal, I think it can work in the right patient, but I agree, as pointed out in this thread, the cheeks have to be augmented as well. The patient in the link below got a genioplasty/cheek implants/buccal fat removal and later on some jaw implants, and I think it worked out well for her.

https://www.realself.com/review/vancouver-bc-chin-surgery-young-adult-20-symmetric-face#