General Category > Emotional Support

Double jaw surgery mm

(1/4) > >>

mazilla:
These are the numbers for my double jaw surgery for an overbite. What do you guys think?

kavan:

--- Quote from: mazilla on October 20, 2017, 02:16:28 PM ---These are the numbers for my double jaw surgery for an overbite. What do you guys think?

--- End quote ---

What kind of response are you expecting with a bunch of numbers and no visual information?

kavan:

--- Quote from: mazilla on October 21, 2017, 02:51:38 AM ---I just want to know wether those numbers are super high or not. I don't even understand well those numbers but looks like almost 2 cm advancement, isn't that huge?

--- End quote ---

Looks like about 1 cm for maxilla and 2cm for mandible. It would correspond to someone needing a LARGE advancement. You would have to post a PROFILE shot (ceph) for someone to eyeball an approximation relative to the proposal.

kavan:

--- Quote from: mazilla on October 26, 2017, 10:36:37 AM ---I had this surgery done already. I just think my maxilla and jaw were moved forward too much, so now I don't look like myself or my family anymore. My surgeon says I just need time to adapt, but surgery was 2 years ago. I think that 1 cm maxilla and 2 cm jaw movement is just crazy, they should warn people before making such huge advancements that they won't look like themselves anymore. I am considering a revision surgery.

I would like to talk to people that are stuck in the same situation as me.

--- End quote ---

That or just perhaps people could inquire for feedback  BEFORE the surgery WHEN the numbers are proposals .

kavan:

--- Quote from: mazilla on October 26, 2017, 03:15:30 PM ---They gave me those numbers the day before surgery, and because I asked him, we would have given me nothing otherwise. I did not have a proper proposal from the doctor, he just said that I needed double jaw surgery due to an overbite and sleep apnea. I just trusted him. I guess I f**ked up with that. You meant asking for feedback on this forum, right? People would have probably said those numbers are awesome, because most people here complain about their surgeons having advanced too little...

To be honest I didn't even know that I needed a proposal. I visited 4 different surgeons and all 4 of them said the same thing: you need double jaw surgery. The thing is that the surgeon I chose decided to advance my face like a maniac. I never imagined that my face would change SO much. In all the before and afters I had seen on his website, people look pretty much like the same person, just better. In my case the advancement was so huge that some people don't recognize me and I am having a lot of trouble getting used to this face, and not looking like my family anymore.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I meant asking for feedback from this forum. Intelligent people would have asked to SEE a ceph at least for aesthetic feedback regarding the extent of the advancement to both jaws even if you had no numbers.

NOW that you relay you had sleep APNEA which you did not share prior, that changes the equation and explains why you may have had MORE advancement than you would like. They have to advance however much is needed to give the air way plenty of room which is some cases, ends up being more advancement than it would be if you didn't have apnea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version