General Category > Emotional Support

Regret double jaw surgery and genie for open bite and retrognathia

(1/11) > >>

some1afterall:
This is my first post and I'm glad I have this outlet to vent. I was told I needed jaw surgery when I was 14 years old and 16 years later, I finally had the insurance and means to make it happen. Prior to jaw surgery I felt attractive and liked my face from the frontal view and my big smile. I was embarrassed of my profile and when I smiled big and showed a "horse like" smile with a lot of gum and large open bite. In November 2015 I started orthodontia and had double jaw surgery (le fort and BSSO) in august 2016. 6 months later I had a 4mm genioplasty. My braces came off August 2017.

The results have been devastating to me. My bite is closed and even, but the soft tissue and facial proportions, in my opinion, are not good. My face looks even longer than before and more masculine. My philtrum is longer and my nose wider, and my whole face looks longer. I am very depressed and don't know what to do. My lips also seem thinner.

I'm wondering if a smaller surgery like genioplasty reversal or modification or rhinoplasty or lip fillers could help to achieve a more feminine look, or if I'd have to redo my whole jaw surgery ;-/

Here are some pictures, pre-surgery is first, post-surgery is after

Lazlo:
nah you're being paranoid. you don't even look different at all. nose, etc. looks the same. what looks better is you have less of that weird gummy smile. don't do any revisions at all.

Framboise:
Hello,
do you have more after photos please ?
I see no difference

some1afterall:
here's a profile progression. right is original, middle is after double jaw surgery, left is after genioplasty. I have worried that even thought the genioplasty was only 4mm it made me look less feminine.

some1afterall:
here's another after with chin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version