Author Topic: Sliding Genioplasty lost projection after swelling was gone, using filler?  (Read 19885 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Sliding Genioplasty lost projection after swelling was gone, using filler?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 09:22:39 PM »
Curious if a lefort 2 that actually brings his center face backwards instead of forwards is really a smart move long term? Isn't he going to age better with this extra midface surface area? It doesn't look disfiguring at all as it is now either.  Not included in this decision making so far I think is the state of his airway, and how that can be impacted from any of these set backs we're talking about - lefort 1 or 2.

listen you guys are insane for even discussing having a lefort 2 setback in this case. do you think the face is like a lego sculpture that you can so easy move blocks around without significant risk to nerves, soft tissue and function. His profile and chin are "fine".  If he wants a bit more augmentation there get some filler, end of story. If his bite is fine a bsso advancement won't really help this case unless he got a very aggressive CCW which only a few guys know how to do well. Honestly, only one I really know of (Gunson). And do you really want to go through a 2 plus year f**k up of your face to achieve what will only be a minimal difference? Just get some filler.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 10:12:00 PM »
I'm just saying his protrusion is to the Lefort 2 area because that's where his protrusion is. Not really advocating he get that type of surgery. Just that he knows where the imbalance issue is so he doesn't expect chin implants and fillers to fix that.
He's on his own to research it further if he likes.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

tim06

• Private
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 11:01:08 AM »

listen you guys are insane for even discussing having a lefort 2 setback in this case. do you think the face is like a lego sculpture that you can so easy move blocks around without significant risk to nerves, soft tissue and function. His profile and chin are "fine".  If he wants a bit more augmentation there get some filler, end of story. If his bite is fine a bsso advancement won't really help this case unless he got a very aggressive CCW which only a few guys know how to do well. Honestly, only one I really know of (Gunson). And do you really want to go through a 2 plus year f**k up of your face to achieve what will only be a minimal difference? Just get some filler.

While I value the opinion of the other users really much, I think that this is true. Even Dr. Brusco would most likely not offer a lefort 2 setback but I will ask him in the next weeks and can post his answer here.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 12:51:32 PM »
I've talked about it in a responsible way which was show and tell  where I isolated the profile imbalance and gave link to an academic paper. That's sufficient info to research this further.

This looks to be a highly ESOTERIC surgery. I don't  know all about details of it such as, medical minutia involved, risk profile, doctor referrals etc. just because I isolated where the profile imbalance was and cited a paper where the authors of it were listed.

Did it ever occur to you to consider consulting with the authors of the paper?
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

tim06

• Private
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2017, 06:09:46 AM »
I've talked about it in a responsible way which was show and tell  where I isolated the profile imbalance and gave link to an academic paper. That's sufficient info to research this further.

This looks to be a highly ESOTERIC surgery. I don't  know all about details of it such as, medical minutia involved, risk profile, doctor referrals etc. just because I isolated where the profile imbalance was and cited a paper where the authors of it were listed.

Did it ever occur to you to consider consulting with the authors of the paper?

That my middle-face is protruding was also mentioned by my surgeon who did the sliding genioplasty. He said this is one of the reasons why a bsso wouldn't make sense in my case since the upper jaw would have to be moved forward even more.

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2018, 12:23:57 PM »
I had a similar experience with my genioplasty, lost a lot volume in the soft tissue with a bit of a bony look. I think trying fillers is the way to go, it’s cheap and reversible. You’d have to be insane to think consider any invasive bone work.

needadvancement

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 10:30:37 AM »
I had a similar experience with my genioplasty, lost a lot volume in the soft tissue with a bit of a bony look. I think trying fillers is the way to go, it’s cheap and reversible. You’d have to be insane to think consider any invasive bone work.

I think I'm gonna go for the filler thing too to see what it looks like. I also had a SG that didn't fully satisfy me but really dread going for another surgery.

tim06

• Private
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2018, 12:57:32 PM »
I think I'm gonna go for the filler thing too to see what it looks like. I also had a SG that didn't fully satisfy me but really dread going for another surgery.

Would you be interested to send me a before/after pic and discuss about the fillers at discord or skype?

It would be awesome to talk to someone in the same situation and evaluate our options together  :)

needadvancement

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2018, 05:56:05 PM »
Would you be interested to send me a before/after pic and discuss about the fillers at discord or skype?

It would be awesome to talk to someone in the same situation and evaluate our options together  :)

I just checked and I didn't realise it could cost 1/4th or even 2/4th the price of a SG(atleast where I'm from). So it's not as simple as I thought, it's important that a skilled person performs this. I'd certainly make a thread if I try it out later this year, thanks.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2018, 06:29:33 PM »

I'd like to know too cause I had jaw surgery PLUS an aggressive SG and have the same thing. In my case a lot of it has to do with the thickness of my upper skin and the BS orthodontics I got. (extractions). So I'd like to know if filler works with this. I sort of have the exact same thing the OP has.

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 11:24:48 AM »
I am going to get filler place at the jaw angles later in the year. I’ll post how it goes but I won’t be posting pictures so don’t even ask.

It seems to be a common complaint that a few months/ years post SG the soft tissues seem to lose their plumpness around the chin. It’s s real shame because there’s no other option apart from implants.

Implants seem to be really unpopular on this board. Is there anyone here who has had a good result with them?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 01:26:55 AM »
so we really need someone here to go and try fillers for their chin. i don't have the cash unfortunately.

here's results from a blog by this dr. in dubai, the after was 10 minutes after the correction with nothing but filler.

i mean f**k this is better than many genioplasties for sure.

tim06

• Private
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 03:04:38 AM »
so we really need someone here to go and try fillers for their chin. i don't have the cash unfortunately.

here's results from a blog by this dr. in dubai, the after was 10 minutes after the correction with nothing but filler.

My doctor would charge me 400€ per 1ml injection and I feel like to make any noticeable difference at all you would need at least 3-4 of them. Also I think fillers are just a major cope and don't get you anywhere.

My new idea is to get 3d printed bone implants made from calcium phosphate.

https://www.3ders.org/articles/20150511-next21-japan-signs-deal-with-xilloc-to-3d-print-and-sell-customized-ct-bones-within-europe.html

Jilkster

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2018, 03:43:37 AM »

Afaik that's a doc in the UK.
I had filler in chin, also left gonial angle. Radiesse, looked awesome at first but declined quickly. Next time I'll do voluma.

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 04:11:20 AM »
A couple of questions:

How long is quickly?

Who did it?

How much did it cost? How many vials did you have?

Do you have s dr in mind for voluma?