Author Topic: ZO - Barry Epply?  (Read 2510 times)

lamb

ZO - Barry Epply?
« on: November 09, 2017, 05:00:40 PM »
Hi Folks, just wondering if anyone had any experience with him or any thoughts on him. He's one of the few that performs ZO in states.

Thanks.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: ZO - Barry Epply?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:21:48 PM »
He has a blog entry (somewhere) where he explains why he prefers implants instead.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

lamb

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 07:37:59 AM »
Argh lol... thanks for the reply.  frustrating trying to find someone for this.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 07:52:44 AM »
Hi Folks, just wondering if anyone had any experience with him or any thoughts on him. He's one of the few that performs ZO in states.

Thanks.

Did he tell you in a private consult he does it? Cause if its just from his internet responses I wouldnt trust it. Ask him to show you even one before and after pick of ZO that he's done.

lamb

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:44:48 AM »
No, just info I gleaned from his website and realself.  I know he does so many different procedures, so I assume he doesn't do it often .  I only saw one result on his website but it was not much change.  Just frustrating as I want to do something about my cheekbones without implants.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 11:10:44 AM »
No, just info I gleaned from his website and realself.  I know he does so many different procedures, so I assume he doesn't do it often .  I only saw one result on his website but it was not much change.  Just frustrating as I want to do something about my cheekbones without implants.

Dr. Eppley knows what folks are searching for and writes info about it in his blog. With the ZO, the impression I got was that he writes about it to fix face fractures or as something mainly to just widen the face but feels implants are better for shaping more dimensions than just width. I could be wrong but my impression was that even though he said he performed them, he's not making overtures for people to seek him out for that instead of implants.

If you are dead set against implants, it's probably better to travel to a doc who is also dead set against them and performs routinely.

lamb

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:45:55 PM »
I agree with your impression on.  He does seem to prefer implants, but is capable of doing ZO so I just thought it was something to look at.  Ya, I just need to find someone that someone lol.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 01:16:33 PM »
I agree with your impression on.  He does seem to prefer implants, but is capable of doing ZO so I just thought it was something to look at.  Ya, I just need to find someone that someone lol.

Maverick reported he was getting the zo done (in October) by the doctor in Germany you wanted to do yours. But he did not update.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 10:50:24 PM »
HE DOES NOT DO IT. HE JUST WRITES A LOT OF CRAP FOR THE INTERNET

lamb

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 11:33:19 AM »
Yes, would be nice if he updated us.  I haven't chosen a surgeon at this point, still trying to figure out my best option.

Thanks Laz, I'll have to cross him off the list.

lamb

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 06:39:02 PM »
Yea, would prefer America than Europe in terms of travel distance.  I think that mlf3 w/ Sinn or would be ideal as well.  The only person I know who's had it was earl. kinda scares me cause i think some drs were discouraging him from it saying there was a small risk of blindness.  just seems like a big deal.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 08:02:39 PM »
Yea, would prefer America than Europe in terms of travel distance.  I think that mlf3 w/ Sinn or would be ideal as well.  The only person I know who's had it was earl. kinda scares me cause i think some drs were discouraging him from it saying there was a small risk of blindness.  just seems like a big deal.

i think the risk of all that is pretty low. I've seen a couple more results and everything went totally fine.

lamb

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 08:56:34 PM »
were those his inoffice pics?  or people you met in person?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 09:44:27 PM »
were those his inoffice pics?  or people you met in person?

people I met in person.