Author Topic: Before and After Myobrace  (Read 4798 times)

Zad

Before and After Myobrace
« on: November 12, 2017, 02:44:35 AM »
Hi guys
Just wanted to show the results 2 years on from beginning Myobrace treatment.  The start of the story can be found under the post I made 30 months ago titled "Anyone in Brisbane Australia had IMDO with Dr. Paul Coceancig".
Firstly though thanks to 'Optimistic' whose honesty got me really thinking and who i credit for steering me in the right direction.  Optimistic you are in part responsible for the great result my son has through this treatment.
The end result is apparently around an 8 out of 10 which is great considering the treatment was being actively undermined (not by my son and not something that's relevant except to say that with 100% compliance you could expect even better results). The wear time therefore was probably around 70% of "required time" which has left the bottom jaw approx 2mm back from it's ideal resting place.  In saying that it has come a long way forward as you can see.
Just as some context this treatment was 2 years and now really completed (though he is wearing Myobrace til the end of xmas holidays just to make sure everything stays where it is).  The 2nd and 3rd opinions given by "traditional orthodontists" a couple of years ago told me 2 rounds of braces, 4 teeth extractions, head gear or something else to bring the jaw forward and a retainer afterwards.
If anyone is after more info please IM.
Regards
Zad

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lefortitude

Re: Before and After Myobrace
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 02:21:20 PM »
this is a fantastic result.  im surprised it hasnt recieved more attention.  try posting it in the more popular forum sections.  Its amazing the progress that can be made when deformities are addressed early in life (pre maxillary suture fusion)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Before and After Myobrace
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:09:47 AM »
this is a fantastic result.  im surprised it hasnt recieved more attention.  try posting it in the more popular forum sections.  Its amazing the progress that can be made when deformities are addressed early in life (pre maxillary suture fusion)

I agree. It is a great result. Just goes to show that if an overbite is addressed at a young age with modalities to advance lower jaw, one can be 'spared' from the type of orthos who would rather push back the upper face into retrusion to meet the retrusion of the lower jaw. However, the post IS in the appropriate section of 'overbites'.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.