Author Topic: Surgery with Alexander antipov....young surgeon giving good results....  (Read 3580 times)

chin

Lets talk about him....i just saw a review on realself ...a girl had her surgery with him...really grear result....thet took 12 hours for her surgery.... nd 5 hours only in nose...so that nerves could be avoided as much as can....so to have minimal complications..... i like the effort surgeon make to bring out best results....

Lefortitude

a few things to note:

Realself is notorious for removing bad reviews, and making good reviews more prevalent. 
Being under anesthetic for 10 hours is a lot.  theres new research showing that the impact it has on the body can be big, and bad. 
If hes young, and has not performed hundreds of procedures, he may be nervous which will make his surgeries take longer.  This can be seen as a good thing, as older more experienced surgeons are often numb to the procedures they specialize in, and can become careless in some cases (SEE MM.)

However, this is not to discredit him.  Ive seen some good and bad reviews.  ultimately its up to the patient to determine if hes right for them.

Edit: He has nearly 15 years experience.

ppsk

i dont think most of his results are that good tbh

he has one stellar result on there and unsurprisingly its the result he uses when giving show and tells and what not. I dont like his use of malar implants in some patients, it almost always has this monkey look in the afters because the fullness is way too low in the face. There is a guy who posted on here who is a patient of Antipov's, worth checking out.

girl

I saw a somewhat underwhelming setback result on Realself from him although the guy did look far better overall than he did before.

He seems to, on the flip side, have the good sense to combine different procedures to bring the face 'together'.

Results are typically 'American' and some of the patients with bimax advancement have a roundish lower facial contour in the afters - possibly swelling?

Orangeblossom

Re: Surgery with Alexander antipov....young surgeon giving good results....
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 09:20:30 AM »
What does it mean for a result to be “typically American”?

XXRyanXXL

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »
I would like to see ALL his cases, not just what he wants to publish on his website (or others). Result vary, just like every other surgeon who has bad cases and good cases. Any young surgeon is apt to making mistakes as they learn the trade. Don't base your decision to go with him until you can gauge all his prior work.

Framboise

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 12:02:11 AM »
I agree with Ryan, there is too much opacity regarding the results.
On the other hand, it's difficult to assume being on a surgeon's website for life, you may have to handle the etiquette "fake face" for the rest of your life.
Maybe they are paid a fee for that ?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 10:44:05 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't actually see a b/a photo section on his website.

What I see is a review on RS by a woman who's photo also looks like same one appearing on his website as photo bar to top page. This woman says she had him do the surgery in Moscow.

The other photo I saw was of a guy who had single upper jaw advancement. However, IMO, single jaw displacements are not that 'challenging' for a maxfax to do and I would not use that guy's case as example of a 'WOW' factor.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 11:23:49 AM »
The guy looks like Dougie Howser. IMO, surgeons peak between 40 and 50.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 12:55:23 PM »
The guy looks like Dougie Howser. IMO, surgeons peak between 40 and 50.

i doubt that's true. it depends what you mean by "peak" but the more experience you have the more you know. trust me Dr. Sinn knows stuff most of these young guys don't. if you're just talking about physical dexterity. maybe that's true. but how much physical dexterity does one need to do maxillofacial surgery. certainly a fair bit. but in and of itself that's not the only factor determining a good surgical outcome. but i'm not sure.