Author Topic: Which Jaw Surgeons (Worldwide) DO NOT remove perfectly erupted Wisdom Teeth?  (Read 1118 times)

MintyCloverCloud

Which Jaw Surgeons (Worldwide) DO NOT remove perfectly erupted Wisdom Teeth/3rd Molars?

Thank you all!

xMinty

Framboise

I think if you need a BSSO, you can't escape it.

PloskoPlus

Not even the no name surgeons I saw suggested removing my fully erupted wisdom teeth when double jaw surgery was on the cards (eventually I had only upper jaw surgery).

MintyCloverCloud

Thank you BOTH for replying!

Not even the no name surgeons I saw suggested removing my fully erupted wisdom teeth when double jaw surgery was on the cards (eventually I had only upper jaw surgery).

For clarity, the surgeons DID or did NOT want to remove your wisdom teeth during double jaw surgery? Did you ask if it was possible to do the surgery without removal? And, since you only had upper jaw surgery, what did you end up doing with your teeth?

I appreciate your responses!

xMinty
Minty thanks you!

kavan

• Global Moderator
WHICH wisdom teeth are you asking about, the top or bottom ones????
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

PloskoPlus

Thank you BOTH for replying!

For clarity, the surgeons DID or did NOT want to remove your wisdom teeth during double jaw surgery? Did you ask if it was possible to do the surgery without removal? And, since you only had upper jaw surgery, what did you end up doing with your teeth?

I appreciate your responses!

xMinty
Minty thanks you!
I specifically asked whether removal was necessary, because I was terrified about every single aspect of surgery, including possibly lingual nerve damage (losing sense of taste, permanently painful tongue) from extracting wisdom teeth. Every surgeon I saw, even the most old school one, who was only a DDS, said that fully erupted wisdom teeth don't need extraction. I ended up having only upper jaw surgery and no extractions.