Author Topic: What procedure should I get with perfect bite and receding chin?  (Read 3670 times)

tim06

• Private
What procedure should I get with perfect bite and receding chin?
« on: November 24, 2017, 03:08:17 PM »
I already got a sliding genioplasty with 11mm movement and I am looking for another procedure.
Please don't suggest unrealistic things like a lefort 2 or a bsso. I need something which I can actually get.

Maybe an implant?

SDM360

Re: What procedure should I get with perfect bite and receding chin?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 04:25:41 PM »
When I look at your jaw I don't think its horribly recessed (yes it is slightly recessed and you could benefit from a bsso). I think you would benefit from a chin wing, mainly because you need more jawline height to match your tall forehead but the extra projection will be nice too. However I should note that the augmentation from the chin wing is not super amazing (drop down of mandible is usually limited to about 10mm).

I have seen your other threads and you seem very focused on improving your jaw. personally, I think your looking at this wrong. When I see you I don't see a very weak lower third, I see disharmony. Your forehead and nose are overwhelming for your face, I would focus on trying to lower your hairline and deprojecting your nose. You can keep trying to improve your lower third to match your upper third but this will likely be hard. The augmentation from jaw work (Bsso, chin wings, implants) would not provide enough improvement to match your upper third, at least not in one procedure. I think you should forget about your jaw for now and focus your efforts on improving your upper third first, and then go from their once that's fixed.

Lestat

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 09:54:49 PM »
a) hairline lowering
b) nose job
c) chin wing

Freeways

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 11:51:46 AM »
Strongly disagree with the comments saying you should get a nose job. I think your nose is good, and definitely shouldn't be touched. I made a morph to show that your problems are your hairline/forehead and chin/lips, not your nose.

I think the procedures that would benefit you the most are hair transplant, forehead reduction and bsso. I would look into extracting teeth for a bsso. If you can't get a bsso, you probably shouldn't do anything to your chin/jaw. I think an implant would look weird when your upper lip is quite protrusive.

[attachment deleted by admin]