Author Topic: Best surgeon in Canada?  (Read 138 times)

Benjaminh

Best surgeon in Canada?
« on: November 28, 2017, 09:13:01 AM »
Hey guys Im tired of all the surgeons who keep saying CCW is unstable. Im. Looking for someone who will do it and has alot of experience. Willing to fly out as long as its in canada. Anyone know whats the top?

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Best surgeon in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 10:55:49 AM »
See my reply to you in your other thread.

CCW is NOT a 'mantra' everyone can chant and insist the maxfax do. It only applies to people with STEEP occlusal planes.

You are confusing the 'MANTRA' of 'CCW' with the true OBJECTIVE of it. The objective of CCW is to REDUCE a HIGH OP angle. If your OP angle is already LOW and close to 'flat' or would be flat or too flat with it, you might be hard pressed to find a maxfax in US who's willing to make it even MORE LESS than the norm.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Lefortitude

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »
Kavan is correct.  Canadian maxfacs are not as good as EU maxfacs.  If you must stay in Canada I would consult fialkov, antonysyn and caminetti in that order

emanresu

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »
Lefortitude, I remember you mentioning Fialkov and Antonyshyn in the previous thread on Canadian surgeons and you have me very interested in them. Is there any reason why you feel they're better than Caminiti?

Also, why not Tocchio? At this point, any discussion without Tocchio being mentioned seems unusual (not because I particularly like him, but just because he is always suggested).

Lefortitude

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 03:15:07 PM »
consult them all and see what you think.  i dont think any of them do alot of ccw.