Author Topic: COULD SOMEONE SMARTER THAN ME IN SCIENCE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!!!????  (Read 6803 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: COULD SOMEONE SMARTER THAN ME IN SCIENCE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!!!????
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2018, 05:29:14 PM »
What are the hurdles that come for having laser osteotomies without disturbing the nerves and making precision cuts?

i heard like seven years ago they were looking for a suitable laser. Maybe they never found one.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2018, 06:11:36 PM »
i heard like seven years ago they were looking for a suitable laser. Maybe they never found one.

Right, they would probably have to consider the thermodynamics of cutting into bone. Thermal energy will be released as it hits the bone and it would be very important to make sure the bone and surrounding area doesn't overheat. Could be perhaps water cooled via spraying water onto be bone and extracting it. But I don't know much about anatomy to know well enough about it.

I've wondered. Can we move nerves around? What are the hurdles of fixing broken nerves.

Also, ugh I wish I could just transplant my brain into a CRISPR lab grown body.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2018, 07:02:42 PM »
Right, they would probably have to consider the thermodynamics of cutting into bone. Thermal energy will be released as it hits the bone and it would be very important to make sure the bone and surrounding area doesn't overheat. Could be perhaps water cooled via spraying water onto be bone and extracting it. But I don't know much about anatomy to know well enough about it.

I've wondered. Can we move nerves around? What are the hurdles of fixing broken nerves.

Also, ugh I wish I could just transplant my brain into a CRISPR lab grown body.

Not that I keep up with the advances of instrumentation used in surgery but just to say Piezoelectric saws show some progress.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2018, 07:42:36 PM »
Not that I keep up with the advances of instrumentation used in surgery but just to say Piezoelectric saws show some progress.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4672167/

Hmm will read up on this. Has any system integrated Piezoelectric saws to automate things?

Automation too in the end will ultimately make osteotomies safer, cheaper, and more accessible which is good.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2018, 08:41:37 PM »
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4672167/

Hmm will read up on this. Has any system integrated Piezoelectric saws to automate things?

Automation too in the end will ultimately make osteotomies safer, cheaper, and more accessible which is good.

idk
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2018, 08:49:33 PM »
idk

yeah automation will help the most. Might research up on just general automation of surgical procedures.