Author Topic: Am I crazy? Possibly getting jaw surgery in 3 weeks  (Read 78 times)

GinaKhan

Am I crazy? Possibly getting jaw surgery in 3 weeks
« on: December 09, 2017, 08:02:53 AM »
Surgery date is set for December 29th with Dr. Hsieh in Taiwan. I've been planning this for a year. I'm scared I'll regret it and be left with worse facial aesthetics and nerve pain. I'm having CCW rotation, maxillary impaction, sliding genioplasty, and maxillary widening (i forget what this is called). None of this is for functional reasons. I don't expect amazing, life changing results, just a nice improvement. Still, I'm going to a foreign country alone to have jaw surgery I technically don't need. Am I crazy?

mazilla

Re: Am I crazy? Possibly getting jaw surgery in 3 weeks
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 08:34:38 AM »
Well it depends how deformed you are right now, we would need to see pics to tell you if jaw surgery makes sense in your case or if your jaws look fine and it is too much of a risk.

Also, if you are traveling alone and decide to go through with surgery, definitely hire someone to take care of you in Taiwan post op. You will feel like absolute shit, and you don't want to be by yourself in a hotel room. Get a nice Airbnb, hire someone to take care of you and stay for a couple weeks in Taiwan until you feel better to fly back home.