Author Topic: Whats the consensus on implants?  (Read 1519 times)

CuriousDonut

Whats the consensus on implants?
« on: December 04, 2017, 09:52:45 AM »
I mean, if you are eligible for jaw surgery and go through with it as so you have normalized jaws, then whats stopping people from getting implants like pic related? They look amazing.

arcticranger

Re: Whats the consensus on implants?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 11:15:49 AM »
probably a lack of orthogathnic surgeons who do jaw angle implants.  if they could do it trust me they'd be selling it.

even in the field of facial cosmetic surgery you will find many who do chin augmentation but few who do jaw augmentation, unless it's just filler.  the slope change shown in that pic would take a high degree of expertise and cost approx 15-22K.

Lefortitude

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 11:40:16 AM »
they're appropriate for a small subset of cosmetic patients who have jaws which are aligned properly relative to the cranial base (see SNA and SNB angles), yet lack "bulk" and lateral projection.  They have more long term downside than maxfac surgery but is a less short term. If someone needs maxfac and gets implants they are frequently dissapointed.

secondtimearound

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 02:45:33 PM »
Nothing is stopping anyone from getting mandibular angle implants except scarring, cost, and surgical fatigue. You'd have to wait a year after your jaw surgery for healing to be complete. Most people have had enough of surgery by that point and just call it quits. There will be more scarring in the area slightly increasing risks.

For my part after I get my revision sarpe, bsso, and lf1 I will possibly consider them. But that is contingent on the jaw surgery going well. It will already be a 1.5 year surgical process.

Surgery is exhausting.