Author Topic: What surgical technique do I need? Images included.  (Read 14344 times)

Framboise

Re: What surgical technique do I need? Images included.
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2017, 10:28:26 AM »
Some surgeons do not clockwise rotation but mimic the movement with anterior extrusion with less extrusion at the back or even a posterior impaction. Thus, the nose is not ruined.

JigJaw_:/

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2017, 11:18:46 AM »
Some surgeons do not clockwise rotation but mimic the movement with anterior extrusion with less extrusion at the back or even a posterior impaction. Thus, the nose is not ruined.

Interesting.
Surely it-too also changes the nose on some level?
Is one technique less stable than the other?
I'm afraid that doing the Leforte without also moving the mandible will possibly create a more sunkin' look for me (increased soft tissue problems). Even with a genioplasty, when the maxilla comes down...both jaws will rotate inward. Maybe I'm wrong, but, still...I'd really like to not move my mandible.

JigJaw_:/

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2017, 04:02:46 PM »
Okay, would appreciate opinions on my imaging. Below is a link to 4 different outcomes to my Genioplasty, all are side by side lateral of current/after. In my case, the current (before) already includes a mal positioned implant which is riding high close to the tooth roots. I was told that 2 of the images would involve about  10 mm forward and 4 mm vertical, except for the first image which will get a little less vertical and the third image a little more vertical. I'm between image 2 and image 4. Which one would you pick?

https://imgur.com/a/LvwMm

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2017, 10:41:18 AM »
If the surgery you are getting is a bone cutting genio to advance forward and also to elongate then, the same 'technique' would be used. A choice amoung the varied displacements that can be made does not change the 'technique'.

As to the morphs, the first one is sufficient.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.