Author Topic: Double Jaw Surgery to Correct Lefort 1  (Read 2314 times)

Jawtothemax

Double Jaw Surgery to Correct Lefort 1
« on: December 06, 2017, 10:51:40 AM »
Is it possible to get double jaw surgery to move both jaws back slightly to correct a Lefort 1 that moved the upper jaw too far forward? Ideally, I’m hoping it can be done without having do any braces work on the bite since the bite is already good. Is that a possible scenario? This would be for cosmetic reasons.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Double Jaw Surgery to Correct Lefort 1
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
Maybe, IF the 'equal' lower jaw displacement doesn't kick up another cosmetic problem of then being too far behind.

If the upper jaw is 'too far' forward but the lower jaw would not be considered 'too far' forward, it could be a situation where they needed to move the upper jaw where they did to get the lower jaw in a better place.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

highlighter

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 09:12:40 AM »
I have the same question but in the opposite direction. What if the jaw was moved too far back from Lefort 1? Is the only option surgery, or can braces be used to pull it forward? My teeth seem to be buried underneath my lip now.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 10:52:38 AM »
I have the same question but in the opposite direction. What if the jaw was moved too far back from Lefort 1? Is the only option surgery, or can braces be used to pull it forward? My teeth seem to be buried underneath my lip now.

You had a Lefort 1 SET BACK as in moving the upper jaw backwards and not forward?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 02:07:01 PM »
Lefort 1 setback is not an usual movement, is it?

I think he got an impaction instead, as he sais his teeth are buried under his upper lip.

I just need to know if the person asking the question knows what he got which is why I asked him.

highlighter

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 10:31:39 AM »
I had an impaction only on my upper jaw. Not sure exactly what was done in this pic, but my before and after looks pretty similar to this persons, except my chin became a little more recessed and I seem to not be able to smile at all. I feel like my face has a 'caved in' look to it not that wasn't explained pre-op.