Author Topic: My jaw is garbage and I want to change that  (Read 1928 times)

Gengar

My jaw is garbage and I want to change that
« on: December 18, 2017, 11:08:56 AM »
So, hello, I am a 20 year old male. I used to be goodlooking with a fine jaw until I became 8 and then it worsened over time. Think Michael Cera first season of arrested Development to Michael Cera 4th season of arrested Development.

I am somehow still better looking, but the jaw structure is quite the same. Upperjaw narrow and too far back, lower jaw set back and rotated behind.

So I want to get Jaw surgery for that but there are so many questions:

Is a good result achievable? How do I widen the palate(s)? How long will this usually take?

I have read something yesterday that kinda made me uncomfortable that said the brow bones also depends on the jaw. I do not want that to look unharmonic when the jaw is fixed. It is on wikipedia. My brother got his jaw pulled foward but he is younger and it took him around 5 years without surgery. His cheekbones look way better now.
I wonder, if you have to cut through the palate, won't that make the whole bone really unstable? I know these are questions I should talk to with the surgeon but I want to go to Berlin to Dr.Z cause I have read alot of positive things about him.
I am currently living in West Germany and will move to the Switzerland border probably so that will be a long way.

Appreciate help

I cant figure out how to post photos.

https://imgur.com/a/ySovJ

kinda look like that from the side

Lefortitude

Re: My jaw is garbage and I want to change that
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 01:28:45 PM »
dr z is a great option if youre from that area. i flew like 10 hours to see him.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »
If you can post a photo of someone else on IMGUR, what precludes you from posting your own photo on there?
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Gengar

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 03:15:37 PM »
That is famous actor michael cera, he probably does not mind. I do not want to have pictures of me on the internet, I honestly would rather not photograph my s**tty jaw for people to possibly make fun of. It is pretty close to ceras

Lefortitude, how often did you have to see him and how long did you have to wait for a date?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »
That is famous actor michael cera, he probably does not mind. I do not want to have pictures of me on the internet, I honestly would rather not photograph my s**tty jaw for people to possibly make fun of. It is pretty close to ceras

Lefortitude, how often did you have to see him and how long did you have to wait for a date?

I don't care who it's of. If it's not you, I won't be answering any of your questions.

Gengar

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 04:38:55 PM »
Why though? No need for passive aggression. You could just give me some advice, what is there to lose for you? I would rather not be made fun of.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 04:53:39 PM »
Why though? No need for passive aggression. You could just give me some advice, what is there to lose for you? I would rather not be made fun of.

No passive aggression here. I shoot from the hip. This is NOT lookism where people make fun of your appearance and if they do, using trigger words/phrases used on there to berate someone's appearance, they are AXED with no re-entry. Just sayin' I won't give advice based on someone ELSE'S photos because there is no way for me to cross reference if your own self assessments are actually like the other persons. However, my preferences as to advice giving do not preclude others from giving you advice based on someone else's photos.

Gengar

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 05:05:09 PM »
Right, good guess. Never registered there cause of the hateful attitude but it is what made me realize what was wrong with my face.  Just saw 2 people who had avatars I have seen on lookism as well and they are quite f**ked up so I don't wanna risk it. Fair enough, maybe someone else can give advice

ditterbo

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 05:24:44 PM »
Yeah like Kavan said, no point in commenting on your own biased (as is everyone) opinion of how you look and what surgery would do to a generic hypothetical scenario.

Your surgical question answers depend on how much of an expert + veteran the individual doc is at the maneuver and the general risk profile you'd find on google.