Author Topic: Am I crazy? Possibly getting jaw surgery in 3 weeks  (Read 1303 times)

GinaKhan

Am I crazy? Possibly getting jaw surgery in 3 weeks
« on: December 09, 2017, 08:02:53 AM »
Surgery date is set for December 29th with Dr. Hsieh in Taiwan. I've been planning this for a year. I'm scared I'll regret it and be left with worse facial aesthetics and nerve pain. I'm having CCW rotation, maxillary impaction, sliding genioplasty, and maxillary widening (i forget what this is called). None of this is for functional reasons. I don't expect amazing, life changing results, just a nice improvement. Still, I'm going to a foreign country alone to have jaw surgery I technically don't need. Am I crazy?

brian626

Re: Am I crazy? Possibly getting jaw surgery in 3 weeks
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 11:08:37 PM »
wow! IMO you are taking a big risk. I need double jaw surgery and I will emphasize need. If it was just for aesthetic reasons then I would not do it, if you can't learn to be happy with yourself then you probably won't be happy at all or you'll just be superficially happy. You should understand it doesn't change your genetics.
In terms of doing it in a foreign country, how long are you staying there for? If you think the pros outweigh the cons then do it but be prepared to possibly have some undesired outcomes.