Author Topic: Still bleeding 5 weeks Post Op Double jaw surgery  (Read 1037 times)

jawsurgeryadvice

Still bleeding 5 weeks Post Op Double jaw surgery
« on: December 12, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »
Hey everyone,

I had double jaw surgery + chin + Ha paste on the cheekbones 5,5 weeks ago. I experienced a lot of blood loss right from the beginning. Now after almost 6 weeks I still have blood mixed with mucus. Sometimes its even bright red. I have this every day a few times. I also had nose bleeding 4 weeks post op. (first I felt a pressure on the right side of my upper jaw and then there came blood out of my right nostril, quite a lot). I told my surgeon about it and he said it was not normal. However when I visited his office, he didnt think there was something wrong and he said I should wait a bit more. But I'm really concerned about this because I dont find much info on the internet. I only see people bleeding 1-2 weeks post op. And I feel that the bleeding is not getting less over time, the amount of blood loss is the same from week 3 post op, till now.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know what causes this and if I should worry about it?

XXRyanXXL

Re: Still bleeding 5 weeks Post Op Double jaw surgery
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 10:04:40 AM »
The volume and frequency of the bleeding should be steadily declining. I was bleeding up till 6 weeks post-op, mainly from the stitches (BSSO) and the nose (mine was fractured). Your surgeon cannot abandon your care "knowing" that you are still experiencing bleeding and healing, he should discharge you from his care only when it's certain you are able to make a full recovery or be on the path to be.
You should be in constant contact with the Surgeon on this, don't be afraid to voice your concerns to there staff. Your primary care physician should also be aware of your situation. Regardless, your still healing, the bones will shift around, be on the lookout for any screws protruding.