Author Topic: Bimax advice. Will I get an amazing result?  (Read 4654 times)

Tairos

Bimax advice. Will I get an amazing result?
« on: December 24, 2017, 08:52:41 AM »
Hello, I'm a young guy who is looking into getting bimax in the next few years. I have a perfect bite and my main problems are my messed up chin and massive gummy smile, both of which I'm looking to fix with the surgery.

When I jut my jaw around 7mm I look incredibly different, here are a few pics:

https://imgur.com/a/oZm99

I would really need to know who I should see in Europe for this and what should I ask for to get the best possible result?

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Bimax advice. Will I get an amazing result?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:26:24 AM »
Hello, I'm a young guy who is looking into getting bimax in the next few years. I have a perfect bite and my main problems are my messed up chin and massive gummy smile, both of which I'm looking to fix with the surgery.

I would really need to know who I should see in Europe for this and what should I ask for to get the best possible result?

Jutting out your jaw doesn't do much for you at all. It makes your upper jaw area look recessive but your upper jaw area looks fine with no jaw jut out.  You would probably do well with just a sliding genio to the chin and some botox to reduce your gummy smile.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Tairos

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 12:07:13 PM »
Jutting out your jaw doesn't do much for you at all. It makes your upper jaw area look recessive but your upper jaw area looks fine with no jaw jut out.  You would probably do well with just a sliding genio to the chin and some botox to reduce your gummy smile.
Well thanks for the advice, but what exactly would sliding genio improve in my case? My whole lower jaw is clearly very recessed compared to the upper jaw. I can't imagine how moving just the chin forwards would do any good, I think it would look stupid. Also I don't want to get involved with botox or anything, I just want this one procedure that fixes everything and then forget about it. I know that bimax is very invasive and expensive, but it's not a problem. I don't think anything else would improve my case as drastically as it would.

Tairos

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 12:13:27 PM »
Also, I don't understand how you can say that jutting doesn't do much for me. I look like a completely different person. Yes my upper jaw looks recessive when I do it, but it could ofcourse be fixed by advancing both jaws. Having a recessed lower jaw is way worse than having a recessed maxilla, it completely destroys any face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 01:50:06 PM »
Well thanks for the advice, but what exactly would sliding genio improve in my case? My whole lower jaw is clearly very recessed compared to the upper jaw. I can't imagine how moving just the chin forwards would do any good, I think it would look stupid. Also I don't want to get involved with botox or anything, I just want this one procedure that fixes everything and then forget about it. I know that bimax is very invasive and expensive, but it's not a problem. I don't think anything else would improve my case as drastically as it would.

It would advance out your chin and improve the contour of it. Your lower jaw does not look recessive to me and your jutting it out looks like a 'frog bite' when you do that. IF you did get bi max, they would probably want to give you a sliding genio to improve the chin contour. For a closer look, a CEPH would be needed.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 01:53:52 PM »
Also, I don't understand how you can say that jutting doesn't do much for me. I look like a completely different person. Yes my upper jaw looks recessive when I do it, but it could ofcourse be fixed by advancing both jaws. Having a recessed lower jaw is way worse than having a recessed maxilla, it completely destroys any face.

It flattens out the curve between the lower lip and chin too much.

If you are looking for feedback, I've given you mine.  Sorry, I can't validate your own assessment. But feedback does not preclude you from doing what you like to your face.

Tairos

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 02:03:48 PM »
It flattens out the curve between the lower lip and chin too much.

If you are looking for feedback, I've given you mine.  Sorry, I can't validate your own assessment. But feedback does not preclude you from doing what you like to your face.

Okay thank you, I really appreciate it. I find it hard to imagine what I would look like with a "regular" more advanced chin with a bigger submental fold. I really do like the "flat" look of it. I know that chins like this are pretty rare but perhaps I'm a bit biased because one of my model tier friends has exactly the same chin structure and I do belive that it's a positive feature.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 02:29:07 PM »
Okay thank you, I really appreciate it. I find it hard to imagine what I would look like with a "regular" more advanced chin with a bigger submental fold. I really do like the "flat" look of it. I know that chins like this are pretty rare but perhaps I'm a bit biased because one of my model tier friends has exactly the same chin structure and I do belive that it's a positive feature.

If you get a CEPH from the max fax, they can make a profile contour diagram of the proposed changes.

Tairos

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 05:40:52 AM »
If you get a CEPH from the max fax, they can make a profile contour diagram of the proposed changes.
I will definitely get that, thanks.

Can you suggest who I should see in Europe for this or how should I go about finding the right surgeon?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 10:35:58 AM »
I think you just need to ask around for suggestions from others who have had it in Europe and/or just keep reading the board for mentions of doctors.

A few names of max fax docs in Europe mentioned on this board are; Alfaro, Spain, DeFranc, France, VanderDussen, Belgium. These are not definite suggestions or recommendations but just names you can ask about on here that others might have some feedback/experience with. There are definitely more than that though.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2017, 06:11:09 PM »
you look f**king terrible with your jaw jutting. sort of like a retarded person. at best get a conservative genioplasty. also, you may actually be retarded seeking this intervention.

secondtimearound

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2017, 07:59:11 PM »

If you want that look all you need is a chin implant or genioplasty. If your bite is perfect and your facial development is normal you don't need anything else.

Tairos

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 02:50:43 AM »
you look f**king terrible with your jaw jutting. sort of like a retarded person. at best get a conservative genioplasty. also, you may actually be retarded seeking this intervention.
Well I think that I look 10x better and that's all that matters. Also the biggest improvement I get with jutting is actually the front, not the profile. Anyways the result that I'm looking for is only achieveable with bimax, so as far as I can see that's a clear solution.

Tairos

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 02:52:33 AM »
I think you just need to ask around for suggestions from others who have had it in Europe and/or just keep reading the board for mentions of doctors.

A few names of max fax docs in Europe mentioned on this board are; Alfaro, Spain, DeFranc, France, VanderDussen, Belgium. These are not definite suggestions or recommendations but just names you can ask about on here that others might have some feedback/experience with. There are definitely more than that though.
Thanks, I will look into that.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 06:23:14 PM »

I disagree with this. A recessed maxilla affects the front of the face far more than a recessed jaw does. The front of the face is more important than the profile (since it's what people see the most)

The jutting just makes you look weird from the profile. Almost deranged. Yes bimax could improve you but is it worth the risk? it's expensive, time consuming and can leave you with life long issues. I think you should follow the advice posted so far in this thread. Do you have any cephalograms? those could be useful for more input.