Author Topic: Bimax advice. Will I get an amazing result?  (Read 4613 times)

ditterbo

Re: Bimax advice. Will I get an amazing result?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 07:10:48 PM »
Pretty sure a bimax aesthetic outcome can't be judged by jutting out the jaw, IIRC. Regardless, IMO, the recession is mild enough he can get 90% of the bimax result with either a chin implant or SG that stays in angle with the jawline (fwd+down) to minimize additional labiomental fold sharpness.

Tairos

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 11:32:10 PM »
I disagree with this. A recessed maxilla affects the front of the face far more than a recessed jaw does. The front of the face is more important than the profile (since it's what people see the most)

The jutting just makes you look weird from the profile. Almost deranged. Yes bimax could improve you but is it worth the risk? it's expensive, time consuming and can leave you with life long issues. I think you should follow the advice posted so far in this thread. Do you have any cephalograms? those could be useful for more input.
I don't have any cephalograms yet. I've thought about all that ofcourse and its definitely worth it for me, bimax seems like the only way to achieve the results that I'm looking for. I know my profile looks weird when I jut, but it would look completely normal if both jaws were moved forwards and I wasn't just forcing the jut. I don't jut on a daily basis, I just added that picture because I really like how my lower jaw looks when I do that and I wan't it to look similiar to that.

Here's another picture taken more far away:

https://imgur.com/a/b6NAp

Ofcourse my maxilla still looks recessed, but don't you think that if it was moved forwards around 5mm, I would look completely normal? The lower jaw would probably need around 10mm to achieve a similiar result.

Tairos

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 11:49:51 PM »
Pretty sure a bimax aesthetic outcome can't be judged by jutting out the jaw, IIRC. Regardless, IMO, the recession is mild enough he can get 90% of the bimax result with either a chin implant or SG that stays in angle with the jawline (fwd+down) to minimize additional labiomental fold sharpness.
I appreciate the advice, but one of the main reasons I belive that bimax would be the best for me is because it would massively improve my smile. My jaw looks very weird when I smile(like its squashed or something) and my gummy smile is like 7mm. When I jut my jaw when smiling it looks retarded ofcourse, but it completely fixes the weird look of it.I think that the whole lower jaw needs to be advanced to improve my smile. Also a chin implant or sg will barely affect my front look and that's something that will massively improve with bimax.

If we forget about the costs, risk etc, you would probably agree that bimax will get the best result and make the biggest difference right?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 01:20:24 AM »
You basically look like a young Gary Busey with your chin sticking out like that.

secondtimearound

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2017, 10:50:08 AM »
Just lol at being an average white guy with no abnormal jaw development whatsoever and wanting to subject yourself to bsso and lf1.

Good luck with that.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 03:16:05 PM »
I love how you always have a famous person to compare Lazlo. OP I believe you look good as you are, but obviously it is your decision. Can you show a pic of your gummy smile? You are aware that you will look very different with those movements, right? People will not recognize you, and it might go wrong and you not liking the outcome... Have you thought about those?

yeah that's so we all have a point of reference. you do realize if i compared his result to a non-famous person in my personal life he (nor you) would have ANY f**kING IDEA WHOM THE f**k IM REFERRING TO.

Tairos

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 07:31:22 AM »
I love how you always have a famous person to compare Lazlo. OP I believe you look good as you are, but obviously it is your decision. Can you show a pic of your gummy smile? You are aware that you will look very different with those movements, right? People will not recognize you, and it might go wrong and you not liking the outcome... Have you thought about those?
I appreciate the concern, and yes i've put alot of thought into this. It will definitely be a very interesting experience to "change my face". The fact is that if I don't go for it I'm gonna spend years thinking what could have been if I did and that's way worse than any outcome. I can't add any new pics for the next few days.

secondtimearound

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2017, 04:19:55 PM »
secondtimearound, a lot of people get lefort 1 for gummy smile having proper jaws and bite, don't they?

If they have too long a maxilla to any significant extent it will show on the ceph analysis as abnormal.

Cephalometric analysis = God to me, or the closest we have to it.

We know scientific averages of features are more beautiful and cephs are based on averages. Cephs will look at the maxillary length, mandibular length, etc and give it to you all in objective data.

If your scores all come back normal or within a minimal tolerance yet you're still considering jaw surgery you're likely mentally ill. Only exception is perhaps facial asymmetry as that won't show in standard lateral assessment.

Or perhaps sleep apnea patients though I bet almost all of them have low sna and snb angles (recessed).

Cephx.com is great in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:28:35 PM by secondtimearound »

secondtimearound

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2017, 02:09:54 PM »
Have you got shares at chephx.com?

I should buy some. Are you aware of any other cheap good option for self-performing ceph analysis?

If cephx.com had been around 14 years ago during my first surgery I might have done some pre-analysis myself and not ended up f**ked like I am now getting massive revision work.

It can't be overstated how lucky patients are nowadays to have all these tools at such easy disposal.

I am going to be buying a Dolphin 3D license as well before my next surgery regardless of the cost so I can simulate my surgery from CTs as well.

My prior experience has taught me having a "famously good" surgeon is not enough. You need to know exactly what is going on and double check everything as well. I'm sure some people just "get lucky". But I didn't.

Tairos

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2018, 02:06:37 PM »
Update: I've scheduled a few consultations for the upcoming month, hopefully goes well.

Also, here are way better pics for anyone who thinks I don't need jaw surgery:

https://imgur.com/HNbI3QY
https://imgur.com/17bRuOZ