Author Topic: What mandible Augmentation is this?  (Read 1601 times)

ODog

What mandible Augmentation is this?
« on: December 26, 2017, 11:32:46 PM »
It’s from Dr. mommaerts’ website... http://www.mauricemommaerts.eu/en/interventions.aspx

Scroll about halfway down to see his ‘correction of the narrow face’. He writes “Malar projection osteotomies and moldable mandibular angle augmentation create proper definition in the lateral face.”

What’s he referring to, Hard filler or HA paste? I guess that’s what he means by moldable. Or is this also an osteotomy because I heard he’s renowned for doing rare facial ostetomies beyond Lefort and BSSO.

Is mandible side-wing osteotomy the only way to laterally augment mandible without implants and is this a realistic option? Does Mommaerts do it?

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: What mandible Augmentation is this?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 06:24:22 PM »
You should do a search on him on here. He has some pretty pissed off patients. I hear what he uses for augmentation kind of 'drips', is hard to remove and gets infected. Nothin' against the guy, just sayin', he's not too popular on here.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ODog

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 08:03:56 PM »
Thanks I’ve been doing just that but I have mixed feelings as many people here seem to be perfectionists looking to become models and/or are highly neurotic and bound to be disappointed.

I don’t want the paste stuff anyway, I want a Side wing as it was designed just for patients like me. I’m also considering implants if I have no other choice but want to avoid going down that road. I’ve read how silicone implants anywhere in the body can cause things like chronic fatigue syndrome down the road. This was found in many female patients with breast augmentation. Not sure if that’s been debunked yet.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 08:34:59 PM »
Thanks I’ve been doing just that but I have mixed feelings as many people here seem to be perfectionists looking to become models and/or are highly neurotic and bound to be disappointed.

I don’t want the paste stuff anyway, I want a Side wing as it was designed just for patients like me. I’m also considering implants if I have no other choice but want to avoid going down that road. I’ve read how silicone implants anywhere in the body can cause things like chronic fatigue syndrome down the road. This was found in many female patients with breast augmentation. Not sure if that’s been debunked yet.

SILICONE has very many different material viscosities. With regard to silicone in breast implants, it's when they break and the silicone LEAKS and maybe gets stuck in a lymph node. Face implants are solid silicone.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 03:29:05 AM »
It's not about perfectionism, MM is a butcher.

secondtimearound

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 07:10:01 PM »
As for implant materials, here's what Eppley says about them:

"Facial implants come in two basic materials, silicone (which is by far the most commonly used) and medpor. (porous polyethylene) Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, neither facial implant material is perfect. Regardless of the implant’s composition, they are all placed in a subperiosteal position right next to the bone. Most of the time, the implant is secured to the bone by small screws so there is no chance of shifting or implant migration."

https://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/cosmetic-facial-implants/

If you're considering mandibular angle augmentation, go chat with him and let us know what he says. :)

If you want to steer clear of the silicone, perhaps the medpor would be a valid option.

I would much rather an implant than HA paste.

Lestat

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 12:15:15 PM »
MM is a butcher.

For God's sake! What in God's name makes you say that?!

ODog

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 04:13:45 PM »
I’m screwed I can’t bring myself to get jaw implants. Nothing else will add width? I don’t want silicone sitting on the sides of my face the rest of my life.

ODog

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 07:22:04 PM »
It's not about perfectionism, MM is a butcher.

He’s butchered the chin wing osteotomy specifically ? Any other surgeons that do chin-wing. So far I’ve learned Sinn, Eppley, MM, and some other European guys do it.