Author Topic: ORBITAL BOX OSTEOTOMY  (Read 10680 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: ORBITAL BOX OSTEOTOMY
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 08:57:29 AM »
Some good surgeons without morals will do it for the cash. Mostly out of the country. Just cause there is a line that surgeons wont cross publicaly, doesnt mean there arent like a 100 good surgeons that would do it underhand. It happens ALL the TIME. Like it said, mostly by foreign surgeons.

That probably relates to WHY a doc who would do it would also want to FORBID the person who paid him to do it from ever mentioning it, especially in a public venue.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Bobbit

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 09:31:29 AM »
Some good surgeons without morals . . .

I think that is a bit of an oxymoron.

CuriousDonut

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 11:10:56 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, this is done in pediatric dept on children with very large extent of hyper or hypo telelorism and has about an error range of 3mm where the error range would still be an improvement compared to the excessively far set or close set distance of the eyes. However, this error range would be unacceptable for a cosmetic patient wanting a differential within 3mm either way.

There is a surgery where they can displace part of the LATERAL orbital rim with the lateral canthus still on it as to elongate the palpebral fissure length. However, that would not address a narrow (close set) distance between the eyes and of course, not the orbital box osteotomy.

I've never come across anyone actually having this done for adult cosmetics. Finding out which doctors did it could be done by researching which hospitals have good pediatric departments for cranio-facial deformities and getting the names of the doctors. Hypo or hypertelorism is often associated with other cranio facial deformities. However, I would speculate that a request to any of the doctors who performed this would be returned by a 'no'. A 3mm differential which is about the error range of the surgery would negate a cosmetic request because a cosmetic request would be one where 3mm BEYOND the cosmetic request would be unacceptable. Not to mention the RISKS associated with the surgery.

I tend to think that people DO look into it as a possibility, track down names of cranio-facial docs in pediatric departments who do it and just find out the answer is 'NO'. The pursuit ENDS
That said, do you have any reason to believe that anyone around here who is non-clinically deformed, has actually had the orbital box osteo for the small mm differentials associated with cosmetic complaints?

I imagine many people have it performed because those with hypotelorism are like 90% likely to have some sort of facial syndrome requiring intense surgery in which the separation of the orbits become a routine no big deal type surgery.

Meefly

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 01:21:51 PM »
That sounds brutal.  I imagine the risk of intractable diplopia would be pretty high even with small movement of the orbits in adults.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2018, 04:52:38 AM »
I wanna know which doctors do this surgery to increase IPD (interpupillary distance). I know Dr. Sinn can do it but only with a Neurosurgeon and in a hospital so its VERY expensive and out of most of our price ranges. I heard there was another surgeon who did it too but I don't know the name.

I'm really pissed off at some of the people on this forum who benefit from our painstaking research getting what we know from hard won time and literally tens of thousands of dollars and pain and tears and then DON'T CONTRIBUTE BY GIVING DRS' NAMES, BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS, f**kING REPORTS ON WHO DOES WHAT.

KARMA IS A b*tch AND TRUST ME. IF YOU"RE ON HERE JUST USING, YOU'LL PROBABLY GET A s**t RESULT. f**k YOU USERS.

Anyway, answer the question freak b*tches. Who does ORBITAL BOX OSTEOTOMY???

>I wanna know which doctors do this surgery to increase IPD (interpupillary distance). I know Dr. Sinn can do it but only with a Neurosurgeon and in a hospital so its VERY expensive and out of most of our price ranges. I heard there was another surgeon who did it too but I don't know the name.

Ah, I now see why you have told me to spend the next decade to make the most money I can in the least amount of time.

Austinou88

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 01:29:22 AM »
Any updates on finding a surgeon?

Lestat

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2018, 04:14:50 AM »
Any updates on finding a surgeon?

Have you not seen the message of my friend Lazlo? Anthony Wolfe is the answer. Contact him and do not forget to let us know what he is saying.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Encouraging the pursuit of a risky procedure on a NON SYNDROME patient.
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2018, 12:05:24 PM »
Have you not seen the message of my friend Lazlo? Anthony Wolfe is the answer. Contact him and do not forget to let us know what he is saying.

re: Encouraging the pursuit of a risky procedure on a NON SYNDROME patient.

...and this goes to Lazlo too....

Then let Wolfe DISCLOSE he does such surgeries for non syndromatic patients. Do you have any information as to a non syndrome patient such as the OP having this surgery by Wolfe where Wolfe would admit/disclose he does so and would do so for such a patient?

IMO, a doctor who would do so for a non syndrome patient would do so on the condition would NOT disclose he/she had such a surgery and certainly be unlikely to disclose such on a public forum and for reasons, it could be considered unethical.

Unless you can find a NON syndrome member on here who would be willing to disclose they had this done (and post photos), who would NOT be PRECLUDED by Wolfe for such a disclosure, please refrain from further encouraging the pursuit of this procedure.

Have either you or Lazlo  had this surgery by Wolfe or is this more of matter of sending someone ELSE off as a guinea pig to do it for the purpose of 'finding out' if it works out?

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Encouraging the pursuit of a risky procedure on a NON SYNDROME patient.
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2018, 12:13:14 PM »
re: Encouraging the pursuit of a risky procedure on a NON SYNDROME patient.

Have either you or Lazlo  had this surgery by Wolfe or is this more of matter of sending someone ELSE off as a guinea pig to do it for the purpose of 'finding out' if it works out?

This is accurate. People want others to get risky procedures so they can see if they work.
I guess if you want this procedure, go get it on yourself instead of trying to manipulate guinea pigs into doing it.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2018, 12:28:24 PM »
This is accurate. People want others to get risky procedures so they can see if they work.
I guess if you want this procedure, go get it on yourself instead of trying to manipulate guinea pigs into doing it.

BINGO!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2018, 05:40:45 PM »
BINGO!

some people will go to the ends of the earth to get a procedure done. there's nothing wrong in at least saving their time and telling them who offers it.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2018, 05:57:58 PM »
some people will go to the ends of the earth to get a procedure done. there's nothing wrong in at least saving their time and telling them who offers it.

And some people will have OTHER people go to the ends of the earth to get a procedure done so they don't have to be the first one to try it. There might be nothing wrong with telling them who offers it. But something is wrong from ENCOURAGING the pursuit of it.

In this case a procedure that the doctor would not even want to own up to doing it on a non syndrome patient.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2018, 07:15:45 PM »
And some people will have OTHER people go to the ends of the earth to get a procedure done so they don't have to be the first one to try it. There might be nothing wrong with telling them who offers it. But something is wrong from ENCOURAGING the pursuit of it.

In this case a procedure that the doctor would not even want to own up to doing it on a non syndrome patient.

So I am having a few procedures done by both Sinn and Wolfe --just not right now cause I don't have the funds set up. Whether other people have the procedures done doesn't bother me in the slightest.

But having done the research if people are worried about close set eyes --then Wolfe is the only one who will do it without needing a neurosurgeon cause he's apparently quite expert in it. Other people on this forum have had the procedure done but don't want to share their experiences but I've been in contact with them over email.

Everyone has to make their own decision but I do think Wolfe is the only way to go for orbital box osteotomy. That's not a procedure I've realized I need, but I am having the malar osteotomy done by him. If anyone wants to wait a year and a half till I have it done, wait by all means, but you'd just be wasting your time since your mileage may vary as these procedures are dependent on your starting point and other variables.

Would I recommend Sinn or Wolfe for these procedures and from the info I have and the results I've seen. Yes.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2018, 08:20:26 PM »
Other people on this forum have had the procedure done but don't want to share their experiences but I've been in contact with them over email.

WHY don't they share their experiences? Could it be that Wolfe requires a gag contract to have the surgery? Find that out for us.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2018, 09:07:04 PM »
WHY don't they share their experiences? Could it be that Wolfe requires a gag contract to have the surgery? Find that out for us.

I think some people want to very carefully guard their privacy so as to not give any clues about who they are.

I mean its their perogative and I'm not going to out anyone.