Author Topic: Gunson is booking 8 months ahead for consults, then another 8 months for surgery  (Read 5245 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Yeah the problem is that traditionally at least multipiece lefort can do at most 6-7 mm expansion.

Unless like I said Gunson and Woldord have pushed the technique much farther...

I guess if he can do a 10mm downgraft, he can probably graft something between the multi segments to expand.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

PloskoPlus

Wolford uses porous HA blocks. I think Gunson does the same for large gaps.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

And I thought the 6 month wait time last year was ridiculous...bloody hell.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Wolford uses porous HA blocks. I think Gunson does the same for large gaps.

Yes.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

secondtimearound

Well guys, if they can do it as a multipiece LF1 with HA blocks to maintain the spacing and not give me avascular necrosis in the process, it will be life changing.

Booking Wolford as soon as he gets back from vacation. I'll call to book Gunson tomorrow or Friday.

Gonna have to start saving up some cash.

PloskoPlus

Well guys, if they can do it as a multipiece LF1 with HA blocks to maintain the spacing and not give me avascular necrosis in the process, it will be life changing.

Booking Wolford as soon as he gets back from vacation. I'll call to book Gunson tomorrow or Friday.

Gonna have to start saving up some cash.
I went to the local "best guy in the country" even as I could afford any surgeon in the world.  The worst decision of my life.

secondtimearound

I went to the local "best guy in the country" even as I could afford any surgeon in the world.  The worst decision of my life.

Ditto with mine. In the early 2000s Dr. Tocchio would have probably been considered the best in my country. I see people still mentioning his name now. Now I'm here getting chopped up again.

Most jaw surgeons seem to be clowns unless it's something very simple like putting the lower jaw back 5 mm for a standard underbite.

nottoomuch

I was told 6 months wait for consult last year, but got in about six weeks after my initial call. I have the impression people cancel frequently. Am now in week 9 of recovery.

some1afterall

I was told 6 months wait for consult last year, but got in about six weeks after my initial call. I have the impression people cancel frequently. Am now in week 9 of recovery.

What did you have done!?! Care to share? Did you have surgery with Gunson? Considering revision with him and interested in your experience.

ditterbo

Also curious what you had done, nottoomuch. I consulted with Gunson but his price tag threw me for a loop.

ITALIA

Whats 16 months in the grand scheme of things.
People do live beyond the age of 30🤤🤤🤤

some1afterall

Whats 16 months in the grand scheme of things.
People do live beyond the age of 30🤤🤤🤤

Haha. Totally. Italia - did you have surgery with Gunson?