Author Topic: Professor in maxillofacial surgery told me there is nothing he can do for me  (Read 7835 times)

Lazlo

• Private
I consulted a professor in maxillofacial surgery and he told me to cope with my looks and he can't do anything since my bite is correct.

What can I do now? He also told me further lengthening the chin would not be a good option.

Bruv I hate to say it but the surgeon is right you're kind of screwed. You don't look so bad. But you can't fix that. Its the bite and soft tissue relation. You might get a bit of improvement with fillers. Anything to the chin/chin wing etc. will make you look like a freak. You could probably get a decent result with implants. But then you have implants.

tim06

• Private
Bruv I hate to say it but the surgeon is right you're kind of screwed. You don't look so bad. But you can't fix that. Its the bite and soft tissue relation. You might get a bit of improvement with fillers. Anything to the chin/chin wing etc. will make you look like a freak. You could probably get a decent result with implants. But then you have implants.

Yeah it is a hard pill to swallow that you can't do anything even if you are willing to pay a lot of money for it.
About what types of implants do you think? It might be an option or at least a reason to consult with another surgeon and get some morphs done.

Lestat

Anything to the chin/chin wing etc. will make you look like a freak.

Why would a chin wing make him look like a freak?

tim06

• Private
Why would a chin wing make him look like a freak?

I would agree to it, since it wouldn't move my lower lip it would just create a grotesque looking long plate with a deep labiomandibular fold.

Also my profile isn't the only issue, when you see someone you first see the front of a person and I clearly lack any projection of the jaw/jawline and I don't know what to do.

Maybe a buccal fat removal and mandibular jaw implants could help me?

kavan

• Global Moderator
You are more in the venue of plastic surgery than maxfax or bone cuts at this point.  The things that could be improved:

a: high hairline via scalp advancement (hairline lowering). Your hair style accentuates the very high hairline. So, no hair style that POINTS UP. If no hairline lowering than some hair style that sweeps down on the forehead.

b: lip asymmetry. You would need a GOOD ps. Perhaps a HEMI (half of) lip lift to the lip side that is LONGER. Also such things as V-Y plasty, something that can help flip out the lower lip to mitigate the protrusion of upper. Perhaps also hoists to the corners. Aim would be to mitigate the asymmetry to lips.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

PloskoPlus

Do you have a deep bite?

tim06

• Private
You are more in the venue of plastic surgery than maxfax or bone cuts at this point.  The things that could be improved:

a: high hairline via scalp advancement (hairline lowering). Your hair style accentuates the very high hairline. So, no hair style that POINTS UP. If no hairline lowering than some hair style that sweeps down on the forehead.

b: lip asymmetry. You would need a GOOD ps. Perhaps a HEMI (half of) lip lift to the lip side that is LONGER. Also such things as V-Y plasty, something that can help flip out the lower lip to mitigate the protrusion of upper. Perhaps also hoists to the corners. Aim would be to mitigate the asymmetry to lips.

Yes, I am currently consulting doctors for a hair transplant.
I am aware of the lip asymmetry but I would like to address the jaw angles/non existing jaw line first.
It really bothers me that I don't have a strong and masculine jawline from frontal view.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Yes, I am currently consulting doctors for a hair transplant.
I am aware of the lip asymmetry but I would like to address the jaw angles/non existing jaw line first.
It really bothers me that I don't have a strong and masculine jawline from frontal view.

You don't need a hair transplant. Rather hairline LOWERING which is scalp advancement.

I would not suggest jaw augmentation either. Strong jaw lines FRAME the face and features. All you would be doing with that is framing the asymmetric lips.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

tim06

• Private
You don't need a hair transplant. Rather hairline LOWERING which is scalp advancement.

I would not suggest jaw augmentation either. Strong jaw lines FRAME the face and features. All you would be doing with that is framing the asymmetric lips.

yeah but I am going to get them corrected as well

Lestat

I would agree to it, since it wouldn't move my lower lip it would just create a grotesque looking long plate with a deep labiomandibular fold.

"Grotesque looking long plate with a deep labiomandibular fold"
Who told you this nonsense? I think a chin wing would look good in your case to push the lower jaw significantly down and slightly forward and out.

What I notice about you is that you have a worried look that makes you seem unsecure (which shows little self-confidence). Work on it!

Lestat

Maybe a buccal fat removal?

Don't be a fool. A buccal fat removal would be the stupidest thing you could do.

Lefortitude

"Grotesque looking long plate with a deep labiomandibular fold"
Who told you this nonsense? I think a chin wing would look good in your case to push the lower jaw significantly down and slightly forward and out.

What I notice about you is that you have a worried look that makes you seem unsecure (which shows little self-confidence). Work on it!

if a chin wing is done with only advancement, it would deepen the labiomental fold (the basal border gets advanced without the teeth). This is usually counteracted by moving down, increasing Lower Anterior Facial Height simultaneously.  For people who already have deep labiomental folds, this is not an option because it will require a large increase in LAFH, which can cause issues with lip incompetence.

fulcanelli

• Private
Dude, I think maybe you’re a bit insecure, you don’t look bad. Before you do anything try a different haircut and trimming some stubble. If you want check out a book called overcoming low self esteem it’s on amazon and it’s helped me a lot. I think if you’re dead set on getting plastic surgery the best and only thing worth doing would be wrap around jaw and chin implants but make you sure know the risks with implants and use some one good.

Good luck 😉