Author Topic: V-line surgery on Korean men is f**king hilarious  (Read 10981 times)

secondtimearound

V-line surgery on Korean men is f**king hilarious
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:20:32 PM »
Just LOL at going to a surgeon and asking him to turn you into an effeminate beta. SE Asians are so weird sometimes.

Full disclosure - I actually need v-line to reduce my chin and "bulk" from the lateral aspects of it so I don't have a potato jaw from class 3 growth, but I will hunt down and kill any surgeon who takes away my mandibular angles or turns my chin into a pointy little girl's chin.

This is just ridiculous. The before was perfect.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: V-line surgery on Korean men is f**king hilarious
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 05:33:48 PM »
Just LOL at going to a surgeon and asking him to turn you into an effeminate beta. SE Asians are so weird sometimes.

Full disclosure - I actually need v-line to reduce my chin and "bulk" from the lateral aspects of it so I don't have a potato jaw from class 3 growth, but I will hunt down and kill any surgeon who takes away my mandibular angles or turns my chin into a pointy little girl's chin.

This isn't the Lookism site.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

secondtimearound

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 05:46:05 PM »
This isn't the Lookism site.
Call it what you like, 90% of guys in the west would rather be the before than the after.

I'd do almost anything for jaws like the before. He was handsome as hell.

The idea that not only are Korean men paying to be mutilated like this but that this qualifies as such a "good example" that it deserves to be featured in a surgeon's portfolio makes it even more absurd.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 06:53:22 PM »
Call it what you like, 90% of guys in the west would rather be the before than the after.

I'd do almost anything for jaws like the before. He was handsome as hell.

The idea that not only are Korean men paying to be mutilated like this but that this qualifies as such a "good example" that it deserves to be featured in a surgeon's portfolio makes it even more absurd.

Ok, I understand the aesthetic discordance.  Just to say the mods here don't like the Lookism lingo on here because it is associated with a type that is best left there.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 07:13:42 PM »
Beauty is subjective. Except for symmetry. Symmetry is objectively beautiful.

Appart from symmetry, beauty cannons vary over time and over geography.

I grew up with the same beauty cannons as you secondtimearound, so I agree that this man looked better preop. But I don't think he objectively looked better. If he had this surgery is probably because women in his culture find that kind of jaw more attractive. I think he also reduced his cheekbones by the way. Cheekbones are not attractive in orient but are in occident.

Obesity used to be seen as a sign of wealth and health and was considered attractive.

This is attractive in Ethiopia.

Asians consider CORNERS bad Feng Shui. Corners bring about bad luck and misfortune. The 'Qi' doesn't flow. It gets stuck in the corners. So, it is very common for them to want to get the corners of their jaw angles cut off. Cheek bones that are too angular are also considered corners. Things that are sharp are bad Feng Shui too. So no cactus plants. Only cane plants with curves. No square or rectangle tables either. Only oval or round.
No straight line paths to the front door either. Evil spirits or mischievous poltergeists just love straight lines. So, it's more of a matter of luck vs misfortune rather than beauty standards.

Yes. Obesity used to be considered a sign of wealth and wealth associated with beauty. In Pago Pago a FAT queen who ate plenty of the taro root was considered beauty standard....and then there is the famous Venus of Willendorf. I don't know where she is now but she used to be in the Wiener kunsthistorisches museum on the first floor.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 06:41:14 PM »
Not really convinced by this "cultural stuff".  Give a small kid a couple of toy model cars - a Ferrari and a Corolla.  Ask him which one looks better.

ShiraishiMichiyo1996

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:54:18 PM »
Honestly, as an Asian girl who prefers Korean beauty standards to Western ones, I think the after looks much better; of course, I think the surgeon reduced his jaws a bit too much, but the before was too bulky and square and made him look old. I think a lot of Kpop guys are very handsome, and most of them have slim jaws. I much prefer the youthful, boyish look. Believe me, at least 95% of girls in Korea, Japan, and China would prefer the after picture. None of the male celebrities considered handsome in Asian countries - Kim Tae-hyung, Cha Eun-woo, Park Chanyeol, Nam Joo-hyuk, Kim Min-seok, etc - have strong jaws.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 12:45:56 AM by ShiraishiMichiyo1996 »

greg573

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2022, 02:06:07 PM »
I totally agree! Dude was handsome before and actually looked like a grown ass man! Now he looks like a little boy that wouldn't be taken seriously in the West at all based on his looks. Truely amazes me that Asian women prefer that. I don't even care for most Asian women because they look like small children to me as well. Although a nice curvy Asian is an amazing thing to witness 😋

December

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 04:20:28 PM »
Korean men? You mean Korean procedure?

Unfortunately many Southeast Asians with bonier, more "3D" faces on average than Northeast Asians convince themselves that they look bad or unbalanced due to affinity to people they don't have as much connection to as they think.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 06:54:13 PM »
After is better. He shaved ten years off his face. Still has a strong jaw, too, and he looks like less of a douche. Huge win all around.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

mindwitch

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2022, 09:45:14 AM »

How dare you judge them for having different beauty standards from your own. They could think the same about you

varbrah

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2022, 12:36:29 AM »
How dare you judge them for having different beauty standards from your own. They could think the same about you
Criticism is arguably valid considering their most common procedures constitute an implicit rejection of common Korean/Asian ethnic features.

These include, among others: Monolid surgery (Upper blepharoplasty to create double eyelid); Nasal dorsal augmentation (to create a less flat and decidedly more caucasoid nasal profile); and various facial re-contouring surgeries (zygomatic, mandibular bone shaving/excision).

Is it desirable for a culture to center their beauty standards around aesthetic ideals that aren't endogenous to its population?

Is it healthy for a people to implicitly designate the native epicanthal folding of their eyelids as UGLY? The native shapes of their noses as UGLY? The native widths and contours of their cheekbones and jawbones as UGLY?

What message does this send?