Author Topic: Facelift Dentistry?  (Read 106 times)

fulcanelli

Facelift Dentistry?
« on: January 06, 2018, 01:31:21 PM »
Does anyone know anything about this or had it done? Results seem pretty impressive to correct minor- ish bite and jaw flaws without braces and invasive surgery. I had a genioplasty about 12 years ago now and got a great result but my chin still looks s little short because I have an overbite. If this was fixed there would be more length in my jaw and chin and it would look much better. No way I am getting braces and surgery now , I am 37 with kids and a job but I’d consider this if it’s legit.

Here’s a link: https://www.faceliftdentistry.com/overbite/correcting-overbite-without-surgery.html

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Facelift Dentistry?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:07:26 PM »
Does anyone know anything about this or had it done? Results seem pretty impressive to correct minor- ish bite and jaw flaws without braces and invasive surgery. I had a genioplasty about 12 years ago now and got a great result but my chin still looks s little short because I have an overbite. If this was fixed there would be more length in my jaw and chin and it would look much better. No way I am getting braces and surgery now , I am 37 with kids and a job but I’d consider this if it’s legit.

Here’s a link: https://www.faceliftdentistry.com/overbite/correcting-overbite-without-surgery.html

I think a lot of it is a matter of bulking up the teeth and/ or elongating them (back molars) to give more support to the face which can be a lot of caps/crowns and veneers. Could run close to 70 grand.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

fulcanelli

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 11:58:37 AM »
70G? Wow that’s a lot. If it can be done more cheaply I’d seriously consider it.

If I move my lower jaw forward so that my bottom teeth meet my top teeth perfectly every thing looks great. At the time I was getting my genioplasty done the surgeon tried to convince the orthodontist to help so that I could have braces and eventually a bsso but she wouldn’t do it because she said it wasn’t that bad an overbite (it was NHS). So we just did the genioplasty and 12 years later it looks great just that my chin looks a little short when my jaws are shut. I’ve got a load of veneers that I got when I was young and stupid and they need to be replaced sooner rather than later anyway. I’ll look into other surgeons that do this in Europe and if I find it cheaper I’ll post more info here.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 01:39:44 PM »
70G? Wow that’s a lot. If it can be done more cheaply I’d seriously consider it.

If I move my lower jaw forward so that my bottom teeth meet my top teeth perfectly every thing looks great. At the time I was getting my genioplasty done the surgeon tried to convince the orthodontist to help so that I could have braces and eventually a bsso but she wouldn’t do it because she said it wasn’t that bad an overbite (it was NHS). So we just did the genioplasty and 12 years later it looks great just that my chin looks a little short when my jaws are shut. I’ve got a load of veneers that I got when I was young and stupid and they need to be replaced sooner rather than later anyway. I’ll look into other surgeons that do this in Europe and if I find it cheaper I’ll post more info here.

To the best of my knowledge, they ELONGATE the back molars so they can touch (or almost touch) when you put your jaw forward so you don't have an 'open bite' when doing that. They also bulk 'em out sideways to fill out the face. That's just the upper and lower molars which they would need to do with CAPS. They probably also want to do overlays/veneers to the the rest of the teeth too. Just that sort of thing is uber expen$$IVE and then they guy is going to want MORE over that because he calls a 'face lift'. No doubt he can do what he shows on there but he's appealing to LA patients with money burning hole in pocket. It would be possible for other dentists to do similar BUT this dentist trademarked the name; 'Face lift dentistry' and for that reason, other dentists who could do at a lower rate can't use the word 'face lift'.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.