Author Topic: lots of questions about jaw surgery for cosmetic reasons  (Read 5660 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: lots of questions about jaw surgery for cosmetic reasons
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 04:02:35 PM »
Is genioplasty really necessary?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 04:11:05 PM »
Alfaro. Interesting, there's no linear advancement of the maxilla?

Yup, Alfaro. I have the visual: https://imgur.com/X1xem1P

No, just CCW rotation of the maxilla where ANS is the rotation point where that point moves down and back a little.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

beautyislife

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 04:17:23 PM »
No, just CCW rotation of the maxilla where ANS is the rotation point where that point moves down and back a little.

thanks. I see that now when comparing against the diagram of points.

It looks like gunson's plan he at least is moving the maxilla forward to some bit as far as I can tell from the tracing, which seems like a good thing when it comes to nasolabial folds/lip support?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 05:05:45 PM »
thanks. I see that now when comparing against the diagram of points.

It looks like gunson's plan he at least is moving the maxilla forward to some bit as far as I can tell from the tracing, which seems like a good thing when it comes to nasolabial folds/lip support?

Alfaro's looks to be a 1 piece lefort which is more straight forward. Not sure about Gunson's. It could be a 3 piece lefort to flip out the front teeth more which 'kisses out' the lips more than Alfaro. Alfaro likes a stronger chin. Keep in mind that Gunson's proposal also 'goes with' your wanting to enhance your cheek area. In the event you asked Alfaro if the maxilla advancement would make your eye/cheek area look more recessed, that could have factored into his design where there's no forward advancement of the maxilla.

beautyislife

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 05:53:33 PM »
Alfaro's looks to be a 1 piece lefort which is more straight forward. Not sure about Gunson's. It could be a 3 piece lefort to flip out the front teeth more which 'kisses out' the lips more than Alfaro. Alfaro likes a stronger chin. Keep in mind that Gunson's proposal also 'goes with' your wanting to enhance your cheek area. In the event you asked Alfaro if the maxilla advancement would make your eye/cheek area look more recessed, that could have factored into his design where there's no forward advancement of the maxilla.

I think I'd like to get the lips pursed out a bit, it might look closer to my ideal (for myself not comparing to celebs). I told Alfaro about the nasolabial folds, I would think he would want to forward advance the maxilla.

Would it help if I showed a side profile image? I'd be able to PM it, but I don't want to overstep that boundary you have mentioned already, just wondering if it'd help explain / show my situation.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 06:33:32 PM »
I think I'd like to get the lips pursed out a bit, it might look closer to my ideal (for myself not comparing to celebs). I told Alfaro about the nasolabial folds, I would think he would want to forward advance the maxilla.

Would it help if I showed a side profile image? I'd be able to PM it, but I don't want to overstep that boundary you have mentioned already, just wondering if it'd help explain / show my situation.

I don't look at stuff privately. Sorry.  Alfaro's proposal give ample soft tissue support as it's opening up 'face space' which helps with the folds. It's not as if forward advancement of the maxilla is needed in someone concerned about his eye area looking relatively retrusive with maxilla advancement. Again, G's proposal where he has more advancement GOES WITH the HA augmentation you said you didn't want. So, don't want the HA that goes with the Gunson proposal, then pick Alfaro.  Want more maxilla advancement then get the HA with Gunson.

beautyislife

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 07:24:04 PM »
I don't look at stuff privately. Sorry.  Alfaro's proposal give ample soft tissue support as it's opening up 'face space' which helps with the folds. It's not as if forward advancement of the maxilla is needed in someone concerned about his eye area looking relatively retrusive with maxilla advancement. Again, G's proposal where he has more advancement GOES WITH the HA augmentation you said you didn't want. So, don't want the HA that goes with the Gunson proposal, then pick Alfaro.  Want more maxilla advancement then get the HA with Gunson.

Ah. Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for your help and insight