Author Topic: Bait and Switch Male Model Surgery with 'only filler' Doctor.  (Read 12532 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Bait and Switch Male Model Surgery with 'only filler' Doctor.
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 10:43:49 AM »
Isn't there a way to report him for this kind of misleading advertising?
In the country where I am from before/after pictures are totally illegal and doctors would have to pay huge fines if they published any.

I would suggest sending an email to him threatening that we're unmasking him on all the top PS and facial surgery websites will be more than enough. I did that once to a scar revision doc who had put up clearly retouched photos on his site. Of course all of them were erased right after and an apology was written to me. We have power.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »
Isn't there a way to report him for this kind of misleading advertising?
In the country where I am from before/after pictures are totally illegal and doctors would have to pay huge fines if they published any.

An alert to ASAPS ethics committee if one of his peers do it. Countries that forbid befores and afters probably see this type of conduct and elect to nix it in the bud by disallowing all before/after presentations in a public venue aimed at promotions.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

tim06

• Private
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2018, 11:09:50 AM »
An alert to ASAPS ethics committee if one of his peers do it. Countries that forbid befores and afters probably see this type of conduct and elect to nix it in the bud by disallowing all before/after presentations in a public venue aimed at promotions.

Lets wait for his response first, I am pretty interested how he will respond to my inquiry.

Also my intention was not to discuss this shady doctor but how to achieve this results.

Even if we just assume this are implants, this is also the best mandibular implant result I have ever seen.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2018, 12:33:36 PM »
Lets wait for his response first, I am pretty interested how he will respond to my inquiry.

Also my intention was not to discuss this shady doctor but how to achieve this results.

Even if we just assume this are implants, this is also the best mandibular implant result I have ever seen.

OK. We can give him a chance to redeem himself. I too am curious if you get a direct response telling you it's an implant with filler used over it or one that says; 'Thank you for contacting___________. Please come in for a consultation to discuss which options are best for you.'

tim06

• Private
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2018, 01:52:06 PM »
This was the only actual answer to my question, the rest of the response was a template with payment plans and the cost of the consultation which is $200:

PRICING: The amount of your investment depends on what you ultimately decide to do. See below for what the patient in the video had.

Voluma: $1200 per syringe (4-6 syringes)

Chin implants:  range from $6,000-$7,000 depending on anesthesia. This can be done in office either under local or IV sedation.

Buccal Fat Excision: $6,150

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 03:04:07 PM »
It does seem pretty much what I anticipated which basically is 'template'.

Also seems like he's somewhat admitting that the patient had MORE than 'just filler'. Thing is admitting that to you doesn't really redeem him because he doesn't disclose it on his website.

I'm sorry but there is just something swarmy about this doc. You see it in the other video (dark haired patient with billowy face), where the doc is doing 'Emperor With New Clothes' suggestion of; 'Oh look, now I'm injecting and he's becoming just like a male model'...

I would just stick to the better known implant guys who are more forthright.

ditterbo

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2018, 06:03:48 PM »
So... no jaw angle implants? or are they somehow wrapping the jaw part into the plural "chin implants". They're not clear, but that guy seemed to have a super unusually strong jawline.  Doesn't seem natural, and I can't pinpoint a time but I feel, from past research of this stuff, docs somehow lump jaw implants of any type into the "chin implant" category. Like a doc will advertise chin implants on their website, but then you come in and turns out the doc offers jaw angle implants as well. If they're saying he's got some implant around his chin, I'm guessing he has a wrap around jaw implant (maybe also called wrap around chin implant). It's less common so the receptionist/whoever handling the email probably isn't used to distinguishing between them in email.  That's my massive extrapolation and natural skepticism of docs speaking.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2018, 06:53:37 PM »
So... no jaw angle implants? or are they somehow wrapping the jaw part into the plural "chin implants". They're not clear, but that guy seemed to have a super unusually strong jawline.  Doesn't seem natural, and I can't pinpoint a time but I feel, from past research of this stuff, docs somehow lump jaw implants of any type into the "chin implant" category. Like a doc will advertise chin implants on their website, but then you come in and turns out the doc offers jaw angle implants as well. If they're saying he's got some implant around his chin, I'm guessing he has a wrap around jaw implant (maybe also called wrap around chin implant). It's less common so the receptionist/whoever handling the email probably isn't used to distinguishing between them in email.  That's my massive extrapolation and natural skepticism of docs speaking.

Could be a wrap around implant that augments the whole jaw.  Now you got me questioning who wrote him back, the doctor or the secretary. It's the other way around with what docs can write on their website. Like they can say 'jaw implants' and clicking on that resolves to CHIN implants.

JawKid7

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2018, 06:47:36 AM »
crazy
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

Bowie

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2018, 09:03:23 AM »

Which country? As far as I know, in most countries they can publish / publicise patient photos providing they have the consent of the patient.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2018, 10:09:08 AM »
This was the only actual answer to my question, the rest of the response was a template with payment plans and the cost of the consultation which is $200:

yup this means he had full jaw angle implants and most probably cheek implants. I can tell cause now his teeth are all weird and his smile is awkward. Implants are the f**king worse. He basically had the Frankenstein Dr. Sailer makeover and the injections are more to soften the hard look of the implants than they are to augment. Also as you see implants look terrible on a long face. Seriously guys, look at the video not at the picture. The picture is photoshoped and lensed differently. This dude had the Franksenstein Sailer makeover.

Lestat

Bowie

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2018, 10:52:57 AM »
Germany
Oh yeah I forgot about that, but they are allowed to share photos in the consultation right?

Bowie

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2018, 11:05:49 AM »
yup this means he had full jaw angle implants and most probably cheek implants. I can tell cause now his teeth are all weird and his smile is awkward. Implants are the f**king worse. He basically had the Frankenstein Dr. Sailer makeover and the injections are more to soften the hard look of the implants than they are to augment. Also as you see implants look terrible on a long face. Seriously guys, look at the video not at the picture. The picture is photoshoped and lensed differently. This dude had the Franksenstein Sailer makeover.

I am looking at the video and don't know wtf you are talking about, is there any serious debate as to whether he looked better pre op?
So you are saying that longer faces with implants don't look as good as faces that fall into ratio norms with implants, so why bother improving?... Seriously?
Sailer doesn't have a monopoly on implants so why does this look like his work to you? Just because they are implants that actually have definition? Well again, he doesn't have a monopoly on that.

You rightly criticize the sleazy and cynical marketing of "male model surgery" but then seem to complain that implants and fillers didn't turn someone with a face on the longer side into a male model.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:45:19 AM by Bowie »

Bowie

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2018, 11:47:04 AM »
- double post