Author Topic: How to proceed after sliding genioplasty? [With Video]  (Read 1845 times)

tim06

• Private
How to proceed after sliding genioplasty? [With Video]
« on: November 23, 2019, 03:17:14 PM »
I got a sliding genioplasty with 11mm advancement a few years ago but I am still unsatisfied with my aesthetics.

I got assured by many doctors that my occlusion is fine and I never had to wear any braces.

I am thinking of just getting a rhinoplasty, as this would be a procedure with a low risk for complications.

What are your opinions?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 02:51:12 PM by tim06 »

ben from UK

Re: How to proceed after sliding genioplasty? [With Video]
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 04:48:51 PM »
Rhinoplasty would probably be a very bad choice, as it is for most males. Males need a masculine nose. It's not the 80s anymore.

You lack some vertical length at chin area imo. Also cheekbone/undereye are is puffy/lacks some support. Profile is fairly good, with a convex nose. You also have some norwooding and a portruding and long forehead. Still, I think chin + cheekbone area is the key area.

as this would be a procedure with a low risk for complications

Until you end up in the endless cycle of revision. I consider a rhinoplasty for males really as an 80s procedure. If your nose falls within acceptable aestethic parameters, there's almost never a need for a nosejob. A men's nose is not that important with a good facial structure. Most male nosejobs bring them down instead of up. In case it brings them up, it's a matter of 1-1.5 millimeter difference. Look at Zlatan and Ramos, how subtle their nosejob is. I don't even know which surgeon did their nosejob, most nosejob surgeons are like butchers, cutting off way too much, making the nose look feminine, or worse, creating a pollybeak problem.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 04:58:35 PM by ben from UK »

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 07:31:50 PM »
A well executed reduction rhino by a good rhino guy who would SHOW you his vision for you on a morph would most likely be an improvement to your nose.

To Ben.  There ARE good rhino guys out there who do good work. He just needs to find one in his local.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ben from UK

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 11:03:39 PM »
A well executed reduction rhino by a good rhino guy who would SHOW you his vision for you on a morph would most likely be an improvement to your nose.

To Ben.  There ARE good rhino guys out there who do good work. He just needs to find one in his local.

I don't think it's going to bring him up. He's got a good prominent nose from profile and a rather small nose from the front. Making it smaller from profile will probably lead to feminization at the front or a fake nose. His nose isn't much of a problem, rather it's the flat/puffy face at the cheekbone area/cheeks and recessed area under the eyes, combined with a chin that's a bit short. Somebody needs to morph his pic I guess.

Edit: here's the morph. Chin lengthening + lowering hairline + filling up area under the eye will do the trick. He'll probably doesn't even need to do something with his cheekbones. I'm quite sure that a nosejob would be a mistake in his case.

https://imgshare.io/image/screenshot-20191124-080947.Y43EH
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 11:16:51 PM by ben from UK »

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 11:51:43 PM »
His nose is prominent in ALL directions. Rhino would stand to improve his nose providing he find a good doctor.

Morphs are useless without the morph SIDE BY SIDE with the original.

ben from UK

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 12:14:30 AM »
The original is this. Not much more prove to give that he doesn't need rhino.

https://imgshare.io/image/Y4kn9

But if it makes him happier, who am I to say don't do it.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 06:28:09 PM »
I won't consider at a morph unless the presentation is SIDE BY SIDE with the original.  If the OP wants to deal with looking at 2 different links, because the morpher doesn't know how to present a morph right next to the original, than he can be my guest.

I've given him my advice already. You've given your's. He can choose either.

ben from UK

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 07:30:17 PM »
Well, my opinion is: I think you're talking s**t. If you want to put both pics next to eachother (that's nobody's criterium, only yours), just do it, don't bother me with it. Everyone with two eyes can see the difference, but your ego is so big, you just can't admit you're talking s**t. There's nothing wrong with a prominent nose. Open your goddamn eyes.

I noticed you talk like a complete dick to other people, for no reason. You just can't talk in a normal way, constantly attacking other people for no reason whatsoever. You should see a doc or do something about your temper. Nobody's attacking you, people just have different opinions, take a chillpill.

I challenge you: morph his nose, only his nose, from the front, I guarantee you it won't bring him up. Since you're too arrogant, you'll probably won't take the challenge.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 08:51:12 PM »
Well, my opinion is: I think you're talking s**t. If you want to put both pics next to eachother (that's nobody's criterium, only yours), just do it, don't bother me with it. Everyone with two eyes can see the difference, but your ego is so big, you just can't admit you're talking s**t. There's nothing wrong with a prominent nose. Open your goddamn eyes.

I noticed you talk like a complete dick to other people, for no reason. You just can't talk in a normal way, constantly attacking other people for no reason whatsoever. You should see a doc or do something about your temper. Nobody's attacking you, people just have different opinions, take a chillpill.

I challenge you: morph his nose, only his nose, from the front, I guarantee you it won't bring him up. Since you're too arrogant, you'll probably won't take the challenge.

Look you little psychopath, I said, I, I MYSELF don't consider morphs unless they are done side by side but the OP can IF he wants. Don't go ballistic because I have high standards and by the way, it's your temper that's showing here. I gave you a calm response and you're the one going postal here.

I don't need to have a morph war over your advice. I'm not going to bother morphing him just because YOU can't take constructive criticism about how to present morphs.

YOU are the one who needs to consider advice can be different than yours.  Already told you, I gave him my advice, you've given yours and he can choose EITHER.

ETA: By the way, I don't deny being arrogant. But since you brought that up, let me say that your opinion on aesthetics means JACK s**t to me.

tim06

• Private
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 09:01:02 AM »
Thanks for your feedback guys! I am not sure what could be great alternatives as I already got a sliding genioplasty. Putting an implant above it would be a really bad idea and would give me a 'witch-chin' like a doctor explained to me.

The fact that a rhinoplasty would most likely only improve my profile is a huge turn-off, you see people from the front or 3/4 most of the time so maybe I should be looking into getting jaw angle implants. I read a lot about them, they are completely uncommon in Europe, in my country isn't a single doctor that you can find on Google who offers it, and there is a reason for it. It's complicated, messy, and has a high risk for infection.

So it is really not easy to come to any conclusion here.

ditterbo

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 07:08:29 PM »
Your lips look sucked in, especially the lower (partially because the upper is so much more forward).  That's the only oddity I see. Nothing else distracts me from centering in on your eyes.