Author Topic: Question about Lefort effect on nose and cheekbone  (Read 1081 times)

solo322

Question about Lefort effect on nose and cheekbone
« on: January 08, 2018, 08:33:03 AM »
Hello. I have a quite noticeable bimaxillary protrusion and wanted to fix it through surgery. Both my upper jaw, and lower jaw stick out, create a monkey-ish profile. I thought the surgery would be only for the jaws. However, I learned that by moving my upper jaw backward, it will also change the position of my nose and cheekbones, which is a big concern. My face look pretty decent in the front view, and the features are harmonic, doing this surgery might mess it up. People who had this kind of surgery, can you share your experience how the face shape change? especially the nose bridge, nostril and cheekbone. Thank you.
PS: Sorry I don't want to post my photo, I am very private, hope you guys would understand.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Question about Lefort effect on nose and cheekbone
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:24:48 AM »
Surgery for bi-max protrusion is segmental osteotomy where they remove a section of the alveolar bone  and push that segment backwards. The TOOTH where the bone segment they need to remove has to be removed too. Diagrams for this depict the segmental osteo of the upper alveolar bone section leaves the spine of the nose in place. So, theoretically speaking, the nose looks like it would remain unchanged based on the diagrams used to show this type of osteo for bimax protrusion. However the relationship of how it looks on your face after such an oesto would change due to correction of the protrusion.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Question about Lefort effect on nose and cheekbone
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 09:39:10 AM »
Note to the OP.

Your wanting to be very private as to not post your photo does not entitle you to 'jump' what's in my signature in the act of seeking private evaluation of your photos.

This message in response to your PM to me.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.